RULES OF COURT
|IN THE MATTER OF THE ADOPTION OF THE AMENDMENT TO IRLJ 2.1-NOTICE OF INFRACTION||)
Now, therefore, it is hereby
(a) That the amendment as shown below hereto is adopted.
(b) That pursuant to the emergency provisions of GR 9 (j)(1), the amendment will be published expeditiously and become effective upon publication.
DATED at Olympia, Washington this 7th day of June, 2012.
| Madsen, C.J.
| C. Johnson, J.
|| J. M. Johnson, J.
| Owens, J.
|| Stephens, J.
|| Wiggins, J.
| Fairhurst, J.
|| Gonzalez, J.
[(a) No change.]
(b) Contents. The notice of infraction shall contain the following information on the copy given to the defendant, except the information required by subsections (2) is not required on a notice of infraction alleging the commission of a parking, standing, or stopping infraction:
(1) The name, address, and phone number of the court where the notice of infraction is to be filed;
(2) The name, address, date of birth, sex, physical characteristics, and, for a notice of traffic infraction, the operator's license number of the defendant;
(3) For a notice of traffic infraction, the vehicle make, year, model, style, license number, and state in which licensed;
(4) The infraction which the defendant is alleged to have committed and the accompanying statutory citation or ordinance number, the date, time, and place the infraction occurred, the date the notice of infraction was issued, and the name and, if applicable, the number of the citing officer;
(5) A statement that the defendant must respond to the
notice of infraction within 15 days of
issuance; the date the
notice is personally served or, if the notice is served by
mail, within 18 days of the date the notice is mailed.
(6) A space for entry of the monetary penalty which respondent may pay in lieu of appearing in court;
(7) A statement that a mailed response must be mailed not later than midnight on the day the response is due;
(8) The statements required by RCW 46.63.060 or other applicable statute; and
(9) Any additional information determined necessary by the Administrator for the Courts.
Reviser's note: The brackets and enclosed material in the text of the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appear in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.
Reviser's note: The typographical error in the above material occurred in the copy filed by the State Supreme Court and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.