BILL REQ. #: H-2920.1
|State of Washington||62nd Legislature||2012 Regular Session|
Read first time 01/11/12. Referred to Committee on Transportation.
AN ACT Relating to special parking privileges for persons with disabilities; and amending RCW 46.19.030.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
Sec. 1 RCW 46.19.030 and 2010 c 161 s 704 are each amended to
read as follows:
(1) The department shall design special license plates for persons with disabilities, parking placards, and year tabs displaying the international symbol of access.
(2) Special license plates for persons with disabilities must be displayed on the motor vehicle as standard issue license plates as described in RCW 46.16A.200.
(3) Parking placards must be displayed when the motor vehicle is parked by suspending it from the rearview mirror. In the absence of a rearview mirror, the parking placard must be displayed on the dashboard. Parking placards must be displayed in a manner that allows the entire placard to be viewed through the vehicle windshield.
(4) Special year tabs for persons with disabilities must be displayed on license plates as defined by the department.
(5) Persons who have been issued special license plates for persons with disabilities, parking placards, or special license plates with a special year tab for persons with disabilities may park in places reserved for persons with physical disabilities.