SSB 5615 -
By Committee on Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
Strike everything after the enacting clause and insert the following:
"Sec. 1 RCW 28B.115.030 and 2011 1st sp.s. c 11 s 205 are each
amended to read as follows:
The health professional loan repayment and scholarship program is established for credentialed health professionals and residents serving in health professional shortage areas. The program shall be administered by the office. In administering this program, the office shall:
(1) Select credentialed health care professionals and residents to participate in the loan repayment portion of the loan repayment and scholarship program and select eligible students to participate in the scholarship portion of the loan repayment and scholarship program;
(2) Adopt rules and develop guidelines to administer the program;
(3) Collect and manage repayments from participants who do not meet their service obligations under this chapter;
(4) Publicize the program, particularly to maximize participation among individuals in shortage areas and among populations expected to experience the greatest growth in the workforce;
(5) Solicit and accept grants and donations from public and private sources for the program;
(6) Use a competitive procurement to contract with a fund-raiser to solicit and accept grants and donations from private sources for the program. The fund-raiser shall be paid on a contingency fee basis on a sliding scale but must not exceed fifteen percent of the total amount raised for the program each year. The fund-raiser shall not be a registered state lobbyist; and
(6))) (7) Develop criteria for a contract for service in lieu of
the service obligation where appropriate, that may be a combination of
service and payment."
Correct the title.