5588-S AMS HASE BRIM 017
SSB 5588 - S AMD 438
By Senator Hasegawa
NEW SECTION. Sec. 6. Subject to availability of amounts appropriated for this specific purpose, the joint legislative audit and review committee, in consultation with the minority and justice commission, sentencing guidelines commission and the Washington state institute for public policy, shall conduct an evaluation of the implementation of this act and submit a report to the appropriate committees of the legislature by December 1, 2020. The report shall include:
(1) Whether the information provided in racial and ethnic impact statements was presented in a clear, concise, and understandable form;
(2) Whether any limitations in transmission of relevant data to the caseload forecast council existed during the pilot project;
(3) The timeliness of the provision of racial and ethnic impact statements under this act;
(4) The cost-effectiveness of the provision of racial and ethnic impact statements under this act;
(5) The extent to which the racial and ethnic impact statements estimate cumulative changes in disproportionality in the criminal justice system resulting from enacted legislation; and
(6) Recommendations to improve the timeliness and accuracy of the process for preparing and distributing racial and ethnic impact statements.
--- END ---
EFFECT: Revises the lead agency and reporting requirements for the evaluation of the implementation of racial and ethnic impact statements.
--- END ---