SB 6248 - DIGEST

Allows a student, who is issued a high school diploma by a community or technical college, to be counted in the school district's graduation rate if the student is funded and enrolled in a public K-12 school.

Allows the following to be awarded a diploma from a community or technical college upon written request: (1) An individual enrolled in a statewide dropout reengagement program who satisfactorily completes an associate degree; and

(2) An individual who is sixteen to twenty-one years of age, not enrolled in a publicly funded K-12 program, and satisfactorily completes an associate degree.