|SB 6485 - DIGEST|
|(SEE ALSO PROPOSED 1ST SUB)|
Reestablishes the children's mental health work group to: (1) Identify barriers to and opportunities for accessing mental health services for children and families; and
(2) Advise the legislature on statewide mental health services for this population.
Provides a December 30, 2020, expiration date for the work group.
Expands the duties and responsibilities of the following: (1) The state health care authority;
(2) The department of social and health services;
(3) Behavioral health organizations;
(4) Regional service areas;
(5) The department of children, youth, and families;
(6) The child and adolescent psychiatry residency program at the University of Washington; and
(7) The office of the superintendent of public instruction.