HOUSE BILL 2683
State of Washington
2020 Regular Session
ByRepresentatives Chapman, Jenkin, Wylie, Chambers, Chandler, Tharinger, and Kretz
Read first time 01/17/20.Referred to Committee on Commerce & Gaming.
AN ACT Relating to the creation of a local wine industry association license; and adding a new section to chapter 66.24
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
NEW SECTION. Sec. 1.
A new section is added to chapter 66.24
RCW to read as follows:
(1) There is a retail license to be designated as the local wine industry association license to be issued to a nonprofit society or organization specifically created with the express purpose of encouraging consumer education of and promoting the economic development for a designated area of the Washington state wine industry.
(2) The local wine industry association licensee may purchase or receive donations of wine from domestic winery licensees and use such wine for promotional or marketing purposes. Events or marketing programs conducted by the local wine industry association licensee may be held on domestic winery premises as long as the domestic winery and the local wine industry association licensee each separately account for the sales of its wine. Domestic wineries that are verified as dues-paying members of the local wine industry association licensee are not subject to the restrictions of RCW 66.28.305
, but only while participating in an event or marketing program conducted by the holder of this license.
(3) The holder of the local wine industry association license must, if requested by the board, notify the local board enforcement officers of any event or marketing program conducted under the license.
(4) The annual fee for the local wine industry association license is seven hundred dollars per calendar year.
(5) Nothing in this section prohibits the holder of the local wine industry association license access to the special occasion license under RCW 66.24.380
or special permits under RCW 66.20.010
(6) Wine furnished to a nonprofit society under this section is subject to the taxes imposed under RCW 66.24.210
--- END ---