"NEW SECTION. Sec. 1. (1) The criminal justice training commission shall convene a work group to make recommendations regarding when a peace officer must intervene or report wrongdoing observed by another peace officer.
(2) The work group must include:
(a) One representative from the association of superior court judges;
(b) One representative from the Washington association of prosecuting attorneys;
(c) Two community members with experience in police accountability;
(d) One member who is a police chief or sheriff;
(e) One member who is a law enforcement officer; and
(f) One member of the defense bar.
(3) The work group shall make recommendations regarding: (a) Mandatory versus discretionary revocation of a certification; (b) hearing panel composition; (c) due process protections for law enforcement officers; (d) additional sanctions including, but not limited to, remedial training; and (e) suspension of a certification.
(4) The work group must report its recommendations to the governor and the appropriate committees of the legislature by December 1, 2021.
(5) The work group must operate within existing funds.
(6) This section expires June 30, 2022."
On page 1, line 2 of the title, after "officers;" strike the remainder of the title and insert "creating a new section; and providing an expiration date."