Beginning on page 5, line 37, strike all of section 3 and insert the following:
and 2020 c 44 s 1 are each amended to read as follows:
The commission shall consist of ((sixteen))eighteen members, who shall be selected as follows:
(1) The governor shall appoint two incumbent sheriffs and two incumbent chiefs of police.
(2) The governor shall appoint one officer at or below the level of first line supervisor from a county law enforcement agency and one officer at or below the level of first line supervisor from a municipal law enforcement agency. Each appointee under this subsection (2) shall have at least ten years experience as a law enforcement officer.
(3) The governor shall appoint one person employed in a county correctional system and one person employed in the state correctional system.
(4) The governor shall appoint one incumbent county prosecuting attorney or municipal attorney.
(5) The governor shall appoint one elected official of a local government.
(6) The governor shall appoint ((two))four private citizens, ((one))two from east of the crest of the Cascade mountains and ((one))two from west of the crest of the Cascade mountains. At least one of the private citizens must be from a historically underrepresented community or communities.
(7) The governor shall appoint one tribal chair, board member, councilmember, or designee from a federally recognized tribe with an active certification agreement under RCW 43.101.157
(8) The three remaining members shall be:
(a) The attorney general;
(b) The special agent in charge of the Seattle office of the federal bureau of investigation; and
(c) The chief of the state patrol."