SENATE BILL 5302
State of Washington
2021 Regular Session
BySenators Cleveland, Conway, and Wilson, C.
Read first time 01/20/21.Referred to Committee on Health & Long Term Care.
AN ACT Relating to establishing a personal protective equipment vendor database; and adding a new section to chapter 43.19
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
NEW SECTION. Sec. 1.
A new section is added to chapter 43.19
RCW to read as follows:
(1) The department must develop a personal protective equipment registration for public and private sector vendors to request to be listed as a state-approved personal protective equipment vendor on the department's personal protective equipment vendor database.
(2) Vendors who desire to be listed on the department's personal protective equipment vendor database must complete the required registration prior to being listed as an approved vendor. Vendors may be required to send samples of personal protective equipment products and must provide a valid state business license during registration. Vendors may also be required to provide certifications from the United States food and drug administration, and any other documentation the department deems necessary.
(3) Before a vendor is added to the personal protective equipment vendor database, the department must vet each vendor registration request to ensure the vendor is selling approved personal protective equipment. The department may check a vendor's state business license and United States food and drug administration registrations, or any other source. The department has the authority to approve or deny any registration request.
(4) Vendors must immediately notify the department when there are any changes to their approved product on the database and any changes in ownership status of the vendor's business. The department may require vendors to notify the department with any other information they deem necessary to ensure the information listed on the database remains accurate.
(5) If a vendor does not notify the department as required in subsection (4) of this section, the department may remove the vendor's product from the database at any time.
(6) The department must publish the list of state-approved personal protective equipment vendors by product type on a website that is accessible to the public, and make any necessary updates to the vendor list at least once a month.
(7) For purposes of this section, "personal protective equipment" means an item or items used to protect the eyes, face, head, body, arms, hands, legs, or feet such as goggles, safety glasses, helmets, head covers, gloves, gowns, rubber slickers, disposable coveralls, shoe covers, biohazard waste bags, safety shoes, protective shields, face masks, respirators, surgical masks, face shields, thermometers, disinfectant sprays, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizers, and barriers.
--- END ---