ENGROSSED HOUSE BILL 1274
State of Washington
2023 Regular Session
ByRepresentatives Couture, Lekanoff, Eslick, Waters, Walsh, Griffey, Low, Hutchins, Dent, Taylor, Barnard, Connors, Rude, Sandlin, Slatter, Stonier, Harris, Reeves, Abbarno, Robertson, Senn, Davis, Gregerson, Christian, Schmidt, Orwall, Ramel, and Pollet
Read first time 01/12/23.Referred to Committee on Human Services, Youth, & Early Learning.
AN ACT Relating to creating a child malnutrition field guide for the department of children, youth, and families; and adding a new section to chapter 74.13
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
NEW SECTION. Sec. 1.
A new section is added to chapter 74.13
RCW to read as follows:
By September 1, 2023, the department, in consultation with the department of health, shall produce and make available to department staff a child malnutrition field guide. This child malnutrition field guide must:
(1) Be concise, but provide references to additional comprehensive and trauma-informed resources for department staff to access if needed;
(2) Be easily accessible by department staff;
(3) Describe how to identify signs of child malnutrition;
(4) Include appropriate questions to ask the child and others close to the child when child malnutrition is suspected;
(5) Include the appropriate next steps department staff may take when child malnutrition is suspected; and
(6) Include any additional information the department deems relevant.
--- END ---