Exempt from preproposal statement of inquiry under RCW 34.05.310(4).
Title of Rule: WAC 246-320-990 Hospital licensing fees.
Purpose: The proposed changes adjust the licensing fees for acute care hospitals.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 70.41.100, 43.20B.110, and 43.70.250.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 70.41.100.
Summary: Licensing fees will increase by 3.3%.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The proposed rule assists the department in meeting the mandate to set the fees for each program at a sufficient level to defray the costs of administering that program.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting and Implementation: Byron Plan, 2725 Harrison Avenue, Olympia, 9850 , (360) 705-6780; and Enforcement: Gary Bennett, 2725 Harrison Avenue, Olympia, 9850 , (360) 705-6652.
Name of Proponent: Washington State Department of Health, governmental.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Explanation of Rule, its Purpose, and Anticipated Effects: The rule increases the licensing fees for acute care hospitals by 3.3%. The new fees will assist the department in defraying the costs of administering the hospital licensing program.
Proposal Changes the Following Existing Rules: The existing fee rule is amended to reflect the increase in licensing fees.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. This rule is exempt under RCW 34.05.310(4), and therefore does not require a small business economic impact statement.
Section 201, chapter 403, Laws of 1995, does not apply to this rule adoption. Section 201, chapter 403, Laws of 1995 do not apply to rules that set or adjust fees or rates pursuant to legislative standards according to RCW 34.05.328 (5)(b)(vi).
Hearing Location: Department of Health, Target Plaza, Training Room, 2725 Harrison Avenue N.W., Olympia, WA 98502, on November 23, 1999, at 10:00 a.m.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Theresa Phillips by November 9, 1999, TDD (800) 833-6388, or (360) 705-6652.
Submit Written Comments to: Theresa Phillips, Facilities and Services Licensing, P.O. Box 47852, Olympia, WA 98504-7852, fax (360) 705-6654, by November 23, 1999.
Date of Intended Adoption: November 29, 1999.
October 12, 1999
Mary C. Selecky
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 99-04-052, filed 1/28/99, effective 3/10/99)
Hospitals licensed under chapter 70.41 RCW shall:
(1) Submit an annual license fee of ((
sixty-three dollars and fifty cents for each bed space within the
licensed bed capacity of the hospital to the department;
(2) Include all bed spaces in rooms complying with physical plant and movable equipment requirements of this chapter for twenty-four-hour assigned patient rooms;
(3) Include neonatal intensive care bassinet spaces;
(4) Include bed spaces assigned for less than twenty-four-hour patient use as part of the licensed bed capacity when:
(a) Physical plant requirements of this chapter are met without movable equipment; and
(b) The hospital currently possesses the required movable equipment and certifies this fact to the department;
(5) Exclude all normal infant bassinets;
(6) Limit licensed bed spaces as required under chapter 70.38 RCW;
(7) Submit an application for bed additions to the department for review and approval under chapter 70.38 RCW subsequent to department establishment of the hospital licensed bed capacity; and
(8) Set up twenty-four-hour assigned patient beds only within the licensed bed capacity approved by the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.41.030 and 43.70.040. 99-04-052, § 246-320-990, filed 1/28/99, effective 3/10/99.]