SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Economic Services Administration)
Date of Adoption: December 3, 1999.
Purpose: With the implementation of prospective income budgeting, effective with January 2000 benefits, references to retrospective budgeting must be deleted. In addition, WAC 388-450-0245 has been revised to conform to Executive Order 97-02 writing standards. WAC 388-450-0250 is being repealed.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 388-450-0250; and amending WAC 388-450-0245.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.04.510.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 99-19-158 on September 22, 1999.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 1.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 1.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 1.
Other Findings Required by Other Provisions of Law as Precondition to Adoption or Effectiveness of Rule: This rule must go into effect on January 1, 2000, in order to implement the department's prospective budgeting program changes.Effective Date of Rule: January 1, 2000.
December 3, 1999
This section applies to)) (1) In the TANF/SFA, RCA,
GA and food assistance programs(( .
(1) An assistance unit's benefits are suspended when the assistance unit's countable net income makes the assistance unit ineligible for one payment month.
(2) An assistance unit's benefits will be suspended rather than terminated when:
(a) There is reason to believe the assistance unit would be ineligible for benefits for only one payment month; and
(b) The cause was due to income or other circumstances in the corresponding budget month)), the word "suspend" means that the department stops your benefits for one month.
(2) We suspend your benefits for one month when your expected countable income as defined in WAC 388-450-0162:
(a) Exceeds the dollar limits for your household size; and
(b) Exceeds those limits for only that one month.
(3) We end your benefits when your expected countable income exceeds the limits for your household size for two or more consecutive months.
(4) If your expected income drops below the limits for your household size, you may be eligible if you reapply for benefits.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and 74.08.090. 98-16-044, § 388-450-0245, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98.]2637.1
The following section of the Washington Administrative Code is repealed:
|WAC 388-450-0250||Income of a new assistance unit member.|