Date of Adoption: June 20, 2000.
Purpose: Meet criteria supporting Governor Locke's Executive Order 97-02.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 308-56A-620; and amending WAC 308-56A-500.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 65.20.110.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 00-09-007 on April 6, 2000.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 1.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 1; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0. Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
June 20, 2000
G. F. McDougall
for Fred Stephens
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 00-06-004, filed 2/18/00, effective 3/20/00)
The definitions set forth in RCW 65.20.020 shall apply to WAC 308-56A-505. Terms used in chapters 46.12 and 46.16 RCW and this chapter shall have the following meanings except where otherwise defined, and unless where used the context thereof clearly indicates to the contrary:
(1) "Affixed" means attached.
(2) "Certificate of ownership" (title) is a legal document indicating proof of ownership.
(3) "Commercial parking company" means any business directly engaged in providing vehicle parking upon property owned or controlled by the business and approved for public parking of vehicles.
(4) "Department" means the same as described in RCW 46.04.162.
(5) "Department temporary permit" is a permit temporarily issued in lieu of permanent registration and license plates when required documentation is unavailable.
(6) "Involuntary divestiture" means a change in vehicle ownership without the registered owner's involvement.
(7) "Joint tenancy with rights of survivorship" means owners who own a vehicle in joint tenancy with the right to own individually if one of them dies.
(8) "Legal owner" means the same as described in RCW 46.04.270.
(9) "Person" means the same as described in RCW 46.04.405.
(10) "Personal representative" means:
(a) An individual appointed by the court; or
(b) An individual named in the last will and testament and confirmed by the court to manage the estate of a deceased person.
Personal representative may also include executor, administrator, special administrator, and guardian or limited guardian and special representative as defined in RCW 11.02.005(1).
(11) "Registered owner" means the same as described in RCW 46.04.460.
(12) "Transferee" means a person to whom a vehicle is transferred, by purchase, gift, or any means other than by creation of a security interest, and any person who, as agent, signs an odometer disclosure statement for the transferee, when applicable.
(13) "Transferor" means a person who transfers ownership in a vehicle by sale, gift, or any means other than by creation of a security interest and any person who, as agent, signs an odometer disclosure statement for the transferor, when applicable.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 65.20.110. 00-06-004, § 308-56A-500, filed 2/18/00, effective 3/20/00; 90-11-091, § 308-56A-500, filed 5/18/90, effective 6/18/90.]
The following section of the Washington Administrative Code is repealed:
|WAC 308-56A-620||Odometer disclosure -- Definitions.|