Date of Adoption: March 30, 2001.
Purpose: Make clarifying amendments to the State Board of Education rule relating to the standardized transcript to align with the new state minimum high school graduation requirements.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 180-57-070 Mandatory high school transcript contents -- Items.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.305.220.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 01-05-090 on February 20, 2001.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0. Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
February [April] 5, 2001
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 00-19-107, filed 9/20/00, effective 10/21/00)
WAC 180-57-070 Mandatory high school transcript contents -- Items. The standardized high school transcript shall contain only the following information:
(1) The student's legal name (last name, first name, and middle name(s) or middle initial(s));
(2) The student's current address, address at graduation, or address at withdrawal from school (street, city, state, zip code);
(3) The name and address of parent(s) or guardian(s) (street, city, state, zip code) if such information is available;
(4) The student's birth date and sex;
(5) The student's identification number (if applicable);
(6) The school's name;
(7) The school's address (street, city, state, zip code, and telephone number);
(8) The dates of the student's entry, reentry, withdrawal, and graduation (if applicable) related to the school issuing the transcript;
(9) A list of previous high schools attended (school name,
address,)) city, state, and month and year of entrance and
(10) The student's attendance record (total unexcused absences. "Unexcused absence" shall mean the same as defined under RCW 28A.225.020(2)) by year;
(11) The student's academic history for high school (grade level and date of course completion, course titles, including the high school department code and course number, marks/grades earned as defined in WAC 180-57-050, credits attempted as defined in WAC 180-57-040, and grade point average as defined in WAC 180-57-055).
(12) The following courses shall be designated on the
transcript as dual credit (d/c) courses with the coding
indicated. Courses completed and credits earned through running
start shall be noted with an "RS" designation. Courses completed
and credits earned through advanced placement shall be noted with
an "AP" designation. Courses completed and credits earned
through college in the high school shall be noted with a "CHS"
designation. Courses completed and credits earned through an
international baccalaureate program shall be noted with an "IB"
designation. Courses completed which earn college credit through
tech-prep and/or the corresponding credits or certification
earned shall be noted with a ((
"T-P")) "TP" designation;
(12))) (13) The transcript shall include notation that the
student has met the standard on the secondary Washington
assessment of student learning and/or earned the state
certificate of mastery; and
(13))) (14) The signature and/or seal of the authorized
school official (name, title, and date).
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.04.155. 00-19-107, 180-57-070, filed 9/20/00, effective 10/21/00; 85-01-017 (Order 18-84), 180-57-070, filed 12/10/84.]