FISH AND WILDLIFE
Date of Adoption: October 23, 2001.
Purpose: Amend hunting rules.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 232-28-42500A and 232-28-42500B; and amending WAC 232-28-425.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 77.12.047.
Under RCW 34.05.350 the agency for good cause finds that immediate adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule is necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety, or general welfare, and that observing the time requirements of notice and opportunity to comment upon adoption of a permanent rule would be contrary to the public interest.
Reasons for this Finding: Goose Management Area 2A hunting is changed from November 22 to November 21 to avoid issues on manning goose check stations on Thanksgiving Day. Additional season days were added to Goose Management Areas 2A and 2B to reduce agricultural crop damage by Canada geese. Goose Management Area 4 is reduced two days to conform with federal requirements; brant hunting is adjusted to comply with federal rules on the brant split season. There is insufficient time to promulgate permanent rules.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 2.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making:
Pilot Rule Making:
or Other Alternative Rule Making:
Effective Date of Rule: Immediately.
October 23, 2001
J. P. Koenings
(1) Goose Management Area 2A is open only 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 21, and Saturday, November 24, 2001.
(2) Goose Management Area 2A (except Ridgefield NWR) is open only 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, November 26, 2001 through January 13, 2002, except closed on December 25, 2001 and January 1, 2002.
(3) Goose Management Area 2B is open only 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, November 10, 2001 through December 30, 2001, except closed on December 25, 2001.
(4) Goose Management Area 4 is open only one-half hour before official sunrise to official sunset Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays October 6 through October 25, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays November 3, 2001 through January 13, 2002, November 12, 22, 23, and December 25, 2001, and January 1, 2002.
(5) Brant hunting is open in Skagit and Pacific Counties only on the following dates: November 17, 18, 20, 22, and 23, 2001.
The following section of the Washington Administrative Code is repealed:
|WAC 232-28-42500A||2001 Waterfowl season adjustments. (01-196)|
|WAC 232-28-42500B||2001 Waterfowl season adjustments.|