January 1, 2002 - June 30, 2002
1. Amending WAC 208-512-290 (8)(h) governing lending limits of state-chartered commercial banks to eliminate renewals from the definition of "loans and extensions of credit."
2. Amendments to WAC 208-512-230(8) to bring the definition of "surplus" in line with the definition in RCW 30.04.111(8).
3. Amending chapter 208-544 WAC to raise fees under I-601 for the 03-05 biennium.
DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES
1. Amendments to chapter 208-680 WAC to provide guidance to escrow agents performing collection escrows, to address technical concerns in the area of trust accounting, to provide additional definitions of terms, provide for licensing options and possibly to specify bonding requirements.
2. Amendments to chapter 208-620 WAC to address deceptive advertising practices and to update the regulations to reflect amendments to the statute.
3. Amendments to chapter 208-660 WAC to address deceptive advertising practices.
4. HB 2661/SB 6414 - Money transmitters. If either of these bills currently before the legislature pass this session, rules will need to be written implementing it.
DIVISION OF CREDIT UNIONS
1. Amendments to chapter 208-436 WAC regarding credit union investment practices.
2. Amendments to chapter 208-472 WAC regarding credit union field of membership expansion.
3. Propose a new rule waiving the application of certain statutes and rules to credit unions with assets under $10 million to reduce regulatory burden.
DIVISION OF SECURITIES
1. WAC 460-10A-215 Viatical settlement contracts. The division plans to propose a rule that would clarify when a viatical settlement contract is a security.
2. WAC 460-12A-010 Insider trading. The division will propose a companion rule to SEC Rule 10b5-1(c) concerning insider training.