SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Economic Services Administration)
Date of Adoption: November 22, 2002.
Purpose: These technical changes will correct errors made in the previous filing of WAC 388-155-090, 388-155-095, and 388-155-670, family child day care homes, minimum licensing requirements.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-155-090, 388-155-095, and 388-155-670.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.15.030.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 02-18-100 on September 3, 2002.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 3, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making:
Pilot Rule Making:
or Other Alternative Rule Making:
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
November 22, 2002
Brian H. Lindgren, Manager
Rules and Policies Assistance Unit3153.1
(2) If more than one person applies for a license or is licensed under this chapter to provide child care at the same facility, we will consider qualifications separately and together. We may deny your license application, or suspend or revoke your license if one person fails to meet the minimum licensing requirements.
(3) We must deny, suspend, or revoke your license if you:
(a) Have been found to have abused, neglected, or sexually exploited a child as defined in chapter 26.44 RCW and WAC 388-15-130;
(b) Have a disqualifying criminal history as listed in chapter 388-06 WAC;
(c) Have had a license denied, suspended, or revoked for
the care of adults or children in this state or any other
state. The exception: If you can demonstrate by clear and
convincing evidence that you have taken enough correction
action or rehabilitation to justify the public trust and to
operate the ((
center)) home according to the rules of this
chapter, we may issue you a license;
(d) Commit or allow an illegal act on the licensed premises;
(e) Allow a child in your care to be abused, neglected, exploited, or treated with cruelty or indifference;
(f) Use illegal drugs, or use alcohol excessively;
(g) Refuse to permit an authorized representative of the department, state fire marshal, or state auditor's office to inspect the premises; or
(h) Refuse to permit an authorized representative of the
department, state fire marshal, or state auditor's office
access to records related to the ((
center's)) home's operation
or to interview staff or a child in care.
(4) We may deny, suspend, or revoke your license if you:
(a) Try to get a license by deceitful means, such as making false statements or leaving out important information on your application;
(b) Do not provide enough staff in relation to the numbers, ages, or characteristics of children in care;
(c) Allow a person who is not qualified by training, experience or temperament to care for or be in contact with a child in care;
(d) Fail to provide adequate supervision to a child in care;
(e) Are not able to exercise fiscal responsibility and
accountability while operating the ((
(f) Knowingly allow an employee or volunteer on the premises who has made false statements on an application for employment or volunteer service;
(g) Refuse to supply additional information reasonably requested by the department; or
(h) Fail to comply with the minimum licensing requirements set forth in this chapter or any provision of chapter 74.15 RCW.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.120 RCW, RCW 74.12.340, and 74.15.030. 02-14-085, § 388-155-090, filed 6/28/02, effective 7/29/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 01-17-084, § 388-155-090, filed 8/16/01, effective 9/16/01; 96-10-043 (Order 3974), § 388-155-090, filed 4/26/96, effective 5/27/96. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.12.340. 94-13-201 (Order 3745), § 388-155-090, filed 6/22/94, effective 7/23/94. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 91-04-048 (Order 3136), § 388-155-090, filed 2/1/91, effective 3/4/91.]3154.1
(1) Advising the agency of the basis of determination of providing child care without a license and the need to be licensed by the department;
(2) The citation of the applicable law;
(3) The assessment of seventy-five dollars per day penalty for each day unlicensed care is provided. The fine would be effective and payable within thirty days of receipt of the notification;
(4) How to contact the ((
office)) division of child care
(( policy)) and early learning;
(5) The need to submit an application to the ((
division of child care (( policy)) and early learning within
thirty days of receipt of the notification;
(6) That the penalty may be forgiven if the agency submits an application within thirty days of the notification; and
(7) The right of an adjudicative proceeding as a result of the assessment of a monetary penalty and the appropriate procedure for requesting an adjudicative proceeding.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 01-17-084, § 388-155-095, filed 8/16/01, effective 9/16/01; 96-20-095, § 388-155-095, filed 10/1/96, effective 11/1/96.]
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 01-17-084, § 388-155-670, filed 8/16/01, effective 9/16/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.12.340 and chapter 74.15 RCW. 96-10-042 (Order 9373), § 388-155-670, filed 4/26/96, effective 5/27/96.]