July - December 2004
1. Cultural Resources: The board will consider initiating rule making on the TFW Cultural Resources Committee's rule proposal related to a cultural watershed analysis module.
2. Road Maintenance and Abandonment Plans: Permanent rule language is being developed to implement changes to the small forest landowner road maintenance and abandonment planning requirements contained in 2SHB 1095 passed by the 2003 legislature.
3. Editorial and Minor Rule Changes: The board will consider initiating rule making at the August 2004, meeting. The rules would reflect minor editorial and clarification changes.
4. Other Legislative Mandated Changes: The board will consider initiating rule making on legislation passed during the 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 sessions. These changes pertain to Christmas trees, forest land definition, Environment and Land Use Hearings Board, small forest landowner tax identification and forest practices within urban growth areas.
5. Upland Wildlife: The board with the Department of Fish and Wildlife is conducting a comprehensive review of the forest practices rules and science for wildlife protection and development of cooperative management planning processes. This and new species listing and designation of critical habitat may result in a rule proposal.
6. Salmonid Adaptive Management: The Forests and Fish Policy Committee will be reviewing results from scientific projects for possible rule modifications.
Contact Person: Patricia Anderson, FPB Rules Coordinator, Department of Natural Resources, Forest Practices Division, P.O. Box 47012, Olympia, WA 98504-7012, phone (360) 902-1413, fax (360) 902-1428, e-mail email@example.com.