Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Conforming the authority WAC to the authority statute
regarding signatures on bonds, notes and coupons issued by the
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED UNDER AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS USE OF THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO John H. Van Gorkom, Executive Director, Washington Health Care Facilities Authority, 410 11th Avenue S.E., Olympia, WA 98504 , AND RECEIVED BY May 2, 2005.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: The purpose of the proposed rule change is to bring WAC 247-02-050(7) into conformance with RCW 70.37.050.
RCW 70.37.050 in pertinent part states: "Such bonds shall be executed by the chairman, by either its duly elected secretary or its executive director, and by the trustee if the authority determines to utilize a trustee for the bonds. Execution of the bonds may be by manual or facsimile signature: PROVIDED, That at least on signature placed thereon shall be manually subscribed. Any interest coupons appurtenant to the bonds shall be executed by facsimile or manual signature or signatures, as the authority shall determine."
WAC 247-02-050 states in pertinent part: "All bonds and coupons shall bear the facsimile signatures of the governor and executive director."
Therefore, the WAC needs to be changed to reflect the statutory language to assure conformity.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: Motion of board on Washington Health Care Facilities Authority, February 17, 2005.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Washington Health Care Facilities Authority, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation and Enforcement: John H. Van Gorkom, Olympia, Washington, (360) 753-6185.
Agency Comments or Recommendations, if any, as to Statutory Language, Implementation, Enforcement, and Fiscal Matters: The authority requests the change to bring the agency WAC into conformance with the agency statute.
February 28, 2005
John H. Van Gorkom
(2) Authority meetings: The meetings of the authority shall all be "special meetings" as that designation is applied in chapter 42.30 RCW. They may be called at any time and place by the chairman or a majority of the members of the authority. At least ten days' notice of all special meetings shall be given by delivering personally or by mail to each member a written notice specifying the time and place of the meeting and a copy of the agenda prepared by the executive director in consultation with the chairman, and by giving such notice to the public as may be required by law. If an emergency is deemed to exist, the chairman may shorten the notice period to not less than twenty-four hours. An executive session may be called by the chairman or by a majority of all members of the authority to consider the appointment, employment or dismissal of an officer or employee, and such other matters as are permitted by RCW 42.30.110.
(3) Quorum: Three members shall constitute a quorum, and the act of a majority of the members present at any meeting, if there is a quorum, shall be deemed the act of the authority except as specified hereafter in WAC 247-02-050(7).
(4) Chairman's voting rights: The chairman shall have the right to vote on all matters before the authority, just as any other authority member.
(5) Minutes of meetings: Minutes shall be kept of the proceedings of the authority.
(6) Rules of order: The authority shall generally follow Robert's Rules of Order, newly revised, in conducting its business meetings.
(7) Form of authority action: The authority may act on
the basis of a motion except when authorizing issuance of
bonds pursuant to WAC 247-16-070 and when otherwise taking
official and formal action with respect to the creation of
special funds and the issuance and sale of bonds for a project
of a participant, in which case the authority shall act by
resolution. Such resolutions shall be adopted upon the
affirmative vote of a majority of the members of the authority
and shall be signed by a majority of the members of the
authority. Motions shall be adopted upon the affirmative vote
of a majority of a quorum of members present at any meeting.
All bonds and coupons shall bear the facsimile signatures of
the governor and executive director. All bonds shall be
executed in the manner provided in RCW 70.37.050.
(8) Public participation in the meetings of the authority shall be as follows:
(a) Any person or organization wishing to make a formal presentation at a regularly scheduled meeting of the authority shall so notify the executive director in writing at least forty-eight hours prior to the time of the meeting.
(i) Such notification shall contain the name of the person, association, corporation or organization that desires to make a presentation; the address of such person and, if applicable, the address of the entity to be represented in the presentation; and the topic to be presented or discussed.
(ii) Permission to make a presentation to the authority shall be granted by the executive director as authorized by the authority.
(iii) Confirmation of permission to make a presentation to the authority shall be made, if at all possible, by the authority staff prior to the meeting of the authority and shall include the date and time of the meeting and time set for the formal presentation.
(b) The chairman of the authority shall have the discretion to recognize anyone in the audience who indicates in writing at the time of the meeting a desire to speak at such meeting, provided that remarks by any individual person shall be limited to five minutes unless a time extension is granted by the chairman.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.37.050. 82-19-064 (Order 12), § 247-02-050, filed 9/20/82; 81-24-038 (Order 9, Resolution No. 81-1), § 247-02-050, filed 11/25/81; 79-10-101 (Order 2, Resolution No. 79-3), § 247-02-050, filed 9/26/79.]
Reviser's note: The unnecessary underscoring in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.
Reviser's note: The typographical error in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.