Purpose: To bring WAC 247-02-050(7) into conformance with RCW 70.37.050.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 247-02-050.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: Chapter 70.37 RCW.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 05-06-045 on February 28, 2005.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: May 12, 2005.
John H. Van Gorkom
(2) Authority meetings: The meetings of the authority shall all be "special meetings" as that designation is applied in chapter 42.30 RCW. They may be called at any time and place by the chairman or a majority of the members of the authority. At least ten days' notice of all special meetings shall be given by delivering personally or by mail to each member a written notice specifying the time and place of the meeting and a copy of the agenda prepared by the executive director in consultation with the chairman, and by giving such notice to the public as may be required by law. If an emergency is deemed to exist, the chairman may shorten the notice period to not less than twenty-four hours. An executive session may be called by the chairman or by a majority of all members of the authority to consider the appointment, employment or dismissal of an officer or employee, and such other matters as are permitted by RCW 42.30.110.
(3) Quorum: Three members shall constitute a quorum, and the act of a majority of the members present at any meeting, if there is a quorum, shall be deemed the act of the authority except as specified hereafter in WAC 247-02-050(7).
(4) Chairman's voting rights: The chairman shall have the right to vote on all matters before the authority, just as any other authority member.
(5) Minutes of meetings: Minutes shall be kept of the proceedings of the authority.
(6) Rules of order: The authority shall generally follow Robert's Rules of Order, newly revised, in conducting its business meetings.
(7) Form of authority action: The authority may act on
the basis of a motion except when authorizing issuance of
bonds pursuant to WAC 247-16-070 and when otherwise taking
official and formal action with respect to the creation of
special funds and the issuance and sale of bonds for a project
of a participant, in which case the authority shall act by
resolution. Such resolutions shall be adopted upon the
affirmative vote of a majority of the members of the authority
and shall be signed by a majority of the members of the
authority. Motions shall be adopted upon the affirmative vote
of a majority of a quorum of members present at any meeting.
All bonds and coupons shall bear the facsimile signatures of
the governor and executive director. All bonds shall be
executed in the manner provided in RCW 70.37.050.
(8) Public participation in the meetings of the authority shall be as follows:
(a) Any person or organization wishing to make a formal presentation at a regularly scheduled meeting of the authority shall so notify the executive director in writing at least forty-eight hours prior to the time of the meeting.
(i) Such notification shall contain the name of the person, association, corporation or organization that desires to make a presentation; the address of such person and, if applicable, the address of the entity to be represented in the presentation; and the topic to be presented or discussed.
(ii) Permission to make a presentation to the authority shall be granted by the executive director as authorized by the authority.
(iii) Confirmation of permission to make a presentation to the authority shall be made, if at all possible, by the authority staff prior to the meeting of the authority and shall include the date and time of the meeting and time set for the formal presentation.
(b) The chairman of the authority shall have the discretion to recognize anyone in the audience who indicates in writing at the time of the meeting a desire to speak at such meeting, provided that remarks by any individual person shall be limited to five minutes unless a time extension is granted by the chairman.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.37.050. 82-19-064 (Order 12), § 247-02-050, filed 9/20/82; 81-24-038 (Order 9, Resolution No. 81-1), § 247-02-050, filed 11/25/81; 79-10-101 (Order 2, Resolution No. 79-3), § 247-02-050, filed 9/26/79.]
Reviser's note: The unnecessary underscoring in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.
Reviser's note: The typographical error in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.