SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Aging and Disability Services Administration)
Purpose: The purpose of these rules is to clarify the entire application and eligibility determination process used by the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). This new chapter, chapter 388-823 WAC, Division of Developmental Disabilities Intake and Determination of Developmental Disabilities:
• Describes how to apply for a determination of a developmental disability;
• Defines the conditions required to be considered a person with a developmental disability, defines how these conditions may meet substantial limitations to adaptive functioning and defines the evidence required to substantiate adaptive functioning limitations;
• Defines how the age of an individual affects the eligibility determination process;
• Describes the inventory for client and agency planning (ICAP);
• Defines the expiration of eligibility, reviews and reapplication; and
• Describes an individual's rights as a client of DDD.
When effective, these rules replace the emergency rules filed as WSR 05-07-081.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 388-825-030, 388-825-035, and 388-825-040.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 71A.10.020, 71A.12.030, 71A.12.050, 71A.12.070, 71A.16.020, 71A.16.030, 71A.16.040, and 71A.16.050.
Other Authority: Chapters 71A.10, 71A.12, and 71A.16 RCW.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 05-04-057 on January 28, 2005.
Changes Other than Editing from Proposed to Adopted Version: WAC 388-823-0420 (1)(d), in the table under "Qualifying Score," a cross reference to WAC 388-823-0900 was added for clarity. Other changes are editing only.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 63, Amended 0, Repealed 3.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 63, Amended 0, Repealed 3.
Date Adopted: June 1, 2005.
Andy Fernando, Manager
Rules and Policies Assistance Unit
Reviser's note: The material contained in this filing exceeded the page-count limitations of WAC 1-21-040 for appearance in this issue of the Register. It will appear in the 05-13 issue of the Register.