WSR 05-14-083


[ Filed June 30, 2005, 2:50 p.m. ]



The Washington Attorney General issues formal published opinions in response to requests by the heads of state agencies, state legislators, and county prosecuting attorneys. When it appears that individuals outside the Attorney General's Office have information or expertise that will assist in the preparation of a particular opinion, a summary of that opinion request will be published in the state register. If you are interested in commenting on a request listed in this volume of the register, you should notify the Attorney General's Office of your interest by July 26, 2005. This is not the due date by which comments must be received. However, if you do not notify the Attorney General's Office of your interest in commenting on an opinion request by this date, the opinion may be issued before your comments have been received. You may notify the Attorney General's Office of your intention to comment by calling (360) 664-3027, or by writing to the Solicitor General, Office of the Attorney General, P.O. Box 40100, Olympia, WA 98504-0100. When you notify the office of your intention to comment, you will be provided with a copy of the opinion request in which you are interested; information about the Attorney General's Opinion process; information on how to submit your comments; and a due date by which your comments must be received to ensure that they are fully considered.

The Attorney General's Office seeks public input on the following opinion request(s).

05-06-07 Request by Richard Curtis
State Representative, 18th District

1. Is WAC 242-02-720 consistent with state law in respect to the procedure for dismissal of cases or does the rule go beyond statutory authority? 2. Does a growth management hearings board have the authority to remand a case back to the county or city after an action has been initiated before the board in instances where the county or city wants to amend its comprehensive plan and development regulations after its initial adoption?

Washington State Code Reviser's Office