Purpose: This rule pertains to holidays for state employees.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 357-31-005.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: Chapter 41.06 RCW.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 05-18-079 on September 7, 2005.
Changes Other than Editing from Proposed to Adopted Version: The language was changed since the proposed filing to clarify that the holidays listed in this rule are for the purposes of chapter 357-31 WAC.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: October 13, 2005.
Eva N. Santos
(1) The first day of January (New Year's Day);
(2) The third Monday of January (Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday);
(3) The third Monday of February (Presidents' Day);
(4) The last Monday of May (Memorial Day);
(5) The fourth day of July (Independence Day);
(6) The first Monday in September (Labor Day);
(7) The eleventh day of November (Veterans Day);
(8) The fourth Thursday of November (Thanksgiving Day);
(9) The day immediately following Thanksgiving Day; and
(10) The twenty-fifth day of December (Christmas Day).
Higher education employers may designate other days to be observed in place of the above holidays. Holiday schedules for higher education employers may be determined on a calendar or fiscal year basis. When a higher education employer establishes a modified schedule, paid holidays must be granted based on the modified schedule.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 41.06 RCW. 05-08-136, § 357-31-005, filed 4/6/05, effective 7/1/05.]