(Geologist Licensing Board)
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 05-17-063 and 05-17-064.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Amending WAC 308-15-030 How do I apply for a geologist license?, to clarify language; 308-15-050 What is the examination process to be licensed as a geologist?, to allow examination applicants to pay exam costs directly to the National Association of State Boards of Geology (ASBOG) for the examinations that we contract with ASBOG to administer; and 308-15-150 Fees, to allow for a suspension in renewal fees until July 1, 2008, but still allow the board to be self-supporting.
Hearing Location(s): Department of Licensing, 405 Black Lake Boulevard, Room 209, Olympia, WA 98502, on January 11, 1006 , at 1:00 p.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: January 16, 2006.
Submit Written Comments to: Joseph Vincent Jr., P.O. Box 9045, Olympia, WA, e-mail email@example.com, fax (360) 664-4195, by December 21, 2005.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Joan Robinson by December 21, 2005, TTY (360) 664-8885 or (360) 664-1387.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Delete language no longer applicable; clarify existing language.
Anticipated effects will be to make the language consistent with the way we do business and to clarify the rule language for the applicant, registrants and the public.
Reflect suspension of renewal fees.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The cost of the examinations are charged directly to the candidates for registration and allow for a suspension in renewal fees.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 18.220.040 Directors authority.
Statute Being Implemented: Chapter 18.220 RCW.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Geologist Licensing Board, Department of Licensing, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting and Implementation: Joan Robinson, Olympia, Washington, (360) 664-1387; and Enforcement: Joseph Vincent Jr., Olympia, Washington, (360) 664-1386.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. The Geologist Licensing Board does regulate businesses only individuals.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. This statute does not apply to Department of Licensing.
November 30, 2005
Joseph Vincent Jr.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 05-01-174, filed 12/21/04, effective 1/21/05)
WAC 308-15-030 How do I apply for a geologist license? (1) Review the available options for licensure:
(a) Examination in WAC 308-15-050; and
(b) Reciprocity in WAC 308-15-060.
(2) Complete and submit your application according to the directions in the geologist application packet, which is available on the geologist web site and upon request from the board office.
(3) Verify you meet minimum educational requirements by having your official sealed transcripts sent directly to the board office from your college or university. Transcripts from schools outside the United States or Canada must be evaluated by a board-approved evaluation service. The evaluation service must send the original evaluation and a copy of the transcripts directly to the board office.
(4) Solicit personal references and verifications of experience in the format and on the forms specified in the application instructions. Verifications must be sent to the board directly from the originating source.
(5) If applying for a license by reciprocity, solicit verification of your current license or certification and your examination scores on the form provided in the application packet. Verification must be sent directly to the board from the issuing jurisdiction.
(6) If applying for a specialty license, submit a project list on the forms provided in the application packet to show you meet the minimum requirements of professional specialty practice of a character satisfactory to the board.
(7) If requested by the board, submit one or more reports you contributed to or solely prepared.
(8) If applying for a license by examination, your
complete application, as described in subsection (9) of this
section, must be received by the board at least ((
ninety calendar days before the date of the examination.
(9) An application is not complete and will not be considered until all of the following are received by the board:
(a) Application, signed and dated, and without omissions;
(b) Application fee and, if applying for a specialty by examination, the examination fee specified in WAC 308-15-150;
(c) Transcripts sent directly from the colleges or universities;
(d) Personal references sent directly from the originators;
(e) Verification of experience sent directly from the verifiers;
(f) If applying by reciprocity, verification of exam scores and license or certification in another jurisdiction;
(g) If applying for a specialty license, project list; and
(h) Other documentation requested by the board.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.220.040, 18.220.050. 05-01-174, § 308-15-030, filed 12/21/04, effective 1/21/05. Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.220 RCW. 01-12-023, § 308-15-030, filed 5/25/01, effective 6/25/01.]
(1) Applying for the examination: You may either:
(a) Apply to take the Fundamentals of Geology exam after you meet the minimum educational requirements for licensure, and the Practice of Geology exam after you meet the experience requirements outlined in WAC 308-15-040.
(i) To apply to take the Fundamentals of Geology exam,
you must provide the board with an application; a certified
copy of your transcripts, sent directly from your college or
university; and the application ((
and examination)) fee(( s))
listed in WAC 308-15-150. You do not need to submit
employment and experience verification forms or personal
(ii) After you meet the minimum experience requirements,
you may apply for the Practice of Geology examination by
submitting the remaining application documents and
applicable examination)) application fee; or
(b) Apply to take both parts of the ASBOG examination
after you meet all other licensure requirements outlined in
WAC 308-15-040 by submitting a completed license application
packet and ((
applicable examination and license)) application
(2) Fees: You must submit the ((
fee(( s)) with your application prior to the application
deadline. (( If you do not qualify to take the examination,
only your examination fee will be refunded.)) Fees are listed
in WAC 308-15-150. Following approval of your application you
must submit your examination fees directly to ASBOG prior to
the deadline specified by ASBOG.
(3) Special accommodations: If you have a disability, the board will provide accommodations consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act. You must request special accommodations at least ninety days before the examination date.
(4) Notification of scoring: The board will notify you by mail of your examination score within ninety days of taking the examination.
(5) Failing the examination:
(a) You may request that your examination be manually
graded by submitting a written request and the fee specified
in WAC 308-15-150.
(b))) You may apply to retake the examination by
submitting a written request and the administrative fee((
for reexamination specified in WAC 308-15-150. You must
submit the examination fee directly to ASBOG by the deadline
specified by ASBOG.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.220.040, 18.220.050. 05-01-174, § 308-15-050, filed 12/21/04, effective 1/21/05. Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.220 RCW. 01-12-023, § 308-15-050, filed 5/25/01, effective 6/25/01.]
|Annual renewal fee for geologist||$20.00|
|Annual renewal for each specialty||$25.00|
|Annual renewal for geologist, with late fee (if paid ninety days or more after due date)||$40.00|
|Annual renewal fee for each specialty, with late fee (if paid ninety days or more after due date)||$50.00|
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Application fees - includes initial license|
| Application fee for geologist((
| Application fee for each specialty((
| Application fee for geologist((
| Application fee for each specialty((
|Fees for the fundamentals of geology and practice of geology examinations are submitted directly to ASBOG|
|Administration fee for reexamination||$65.00|
|Specialty examination (hydrogeologist or engineering geologist exam)||$300.00|
|Annual renewal fee for geologist||$100.00|
|Annual renewal fee for each specialty||$85.00|
|Annual renewal for geologist, with late fee (if paid ninety days or more after due date)||$200.00|
|Annual renewal for each specialty, with late fee (if paid ninety days or more after due date)||$170.00|
|Duplicate license or wall certificate . . . . . . . . . . . .||$25.00|
|Certification of license records to other jurisdictions . . . . . . . . . . . .||$45.00|
|Proctor examination for another jurisdiction . . . . . . . . . . . .||$100.00|
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.220.040, 18.220.050. 05-01-174, § 308-15-150, filed 12/21/04, effective 1/21/05. Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.220 RCW. 01-12-022, § 308-15-150, filed 5/25/01, effective 6/25/01.]