Exempt from preproposal statement of inquiry under RCW 34.05.310(4).
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 357-49-023 For purposes of this chapter, how must written documents be filed? and 357-49-027 What happens if the person requesting a director's review does not submit all of the information required by WAC 357-49-015?
Hearing Location(s): Department of Personnel, Classroom #4, 600 South Franklin, Olympia, WA, on January 12, 2006, at 10:00 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: January 12, 2006.
Submit Written Comments to: Sandi Stewart, Department of Personnel, P.O. Box 47500, fax (360) 586-4694, by January 6, 2006. FOR DOP TRACKING PURPOSES PLEASE NOTE ON SUBMITTED COMMENTS "FORMAL COMMENT."
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Department of Personnel by January 6, 2006, TTY (360) 753-4107 or (360) 586-8260.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: These new rules address how written documents must be filed for a director's review and what happens if the person requesting a director's review does not file all of the information required.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: Chapter 41.06 RCW.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 41.06.150.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Agency Comments or Recommendations, if any, as to Statutory Language, Implementation, Enforcement, and Fiscal Matters: These new rules are intended to stipulate how written documents must be filed with the director of the Department of Personnel when someone is requesting a director's review and what happens if the person requesting the review does not submit all of the required information.
Name of Proponent: Department of Personnel, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Sandi Stewart, 521 Capitol Way South, Olympia, WA, (360) 664-6324; Implementation and Enforcement: Department of Personnel.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. Not required.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328.
December 6, 2006 
M. P. Sellars
for Eva N. Santos
(2) Filing papers for director's review requests by telephone facsimile.
(a) Written documents filed with the director for review requests by telephone facsimile are considered received when a legible copy of the document is reproduced on the director's telephone facsimile equipment in the director's review office. If transmission begins after customary office hours, which are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays, the document will be deemed filed on the next business day.
(b) Any document filed with the director by telephone facsimile should be preceded by a cover page identifying the addressee; the party making the transmission, including the address, telephone and telephone facsimile number of such party; the review to which the document relates; the date of transmission; and the total number of pages included in the transmission.
(c) The party attempting to file papers by telephone facsimile bears the risk that the papers will not be timely received or legibly printed, regardless of the cause. If the telephone facsimile is not legible, it will be considered as if it had never been sent.
(d) The original of any document filed by telephone facsimile should be mailed to the director within twenty-four hours of the time that the telephone facsimile was sent.
(3) The filing of papers for director's review requests by electronic mail ("e-mail") is not authorized without the express prior approval of the director, and only under such circumstances as the director allows.
(2) If any of the required information is not provided with the request for review, the director instructs the person requesting the review to provide the missing information and sends a copy of the notice to all affected parties.
(3) The person requesting the review must provide the missing information as requested within twenty-one calendar days of the date the notification is mailed.
(4) When the director receives the requested information, a copy will be sent to the other affected parties.
(5) If the person requesting the review fails to comply with the requirements of this section the director may dismiss the request for review.