July - December 2006
1. Northern Spotted Owl: The board will consider permanent rule adoption on August 9, 2006, for Northern Spotted Owl habitat conservation in WAC 222-10-041 and 222-16-010.
2. Perennial Initiation Point: The board will consider initiating permanent rule making on August 9, 2006, that eliminates the default basin sizes in WAC 222-16-030 and 222-16-031.
3. Desired Future Condition: The board is considering amending chapter 222-30 WAC related to desired future condition performance targets in riparian management zones.
4. Taylor's Checkerspot Butterfly: The board is considering amending WAC 222-16-080 to provide habitat protection to the recent state listing of the Taylor's Checkerspot Butterfly.
5. Long-term Permitting: The board is considering amending chapters 222-12 and 222-20 WAC that would allow small forest landowners to develop long-term plans that would gain approved forest practices applications/notifications for a term of fifteen years.
6. Notice to Comply: The board is considering amending rules that would create a mechanism for landowner requested amendments to approved forest practices and clarify the use of the "notice to comply" tool to only document violations.
7. Historic Sites: The board is considering amending WAC 222-16-050 relating to Class IV-Special classifications to include historic sites as a SEPA trigger.
8. Upland Wildlife: The board, with the department of fish and wildlife, continues to conduct a comprehensive review of the forest practices rules and science for upland wildlife protection and development of cooperative management planning processes. This review and planning process, along with new species listings, and the designation of critical habitat, may result in a rule proposal.
Contact Person: Patricia Anderson, Forest Practices Board, Rules Coordinator, Department of Natural Resources, Forest Practices Division, P.O. Box 47012, Olympia, WA 98504-7012, phone (360) 902-1413, fax (360) 902-1428, e-mail email@example.com.