FISH AND WILDLIFE
Effective Date of Rule: August 13, 2006, 7:00 p.m.
Purpose: Amend commercial fishing rules.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 220-33-01000Q; and amending WAC 220-33-010.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 77.12.047.
Under RCW 34.05.350 the agency for good cause finds that immediate adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule is necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety, or general welfare, and that observing the time requirements of notice and opportunity to comment upon adoption of a permanent rule would be contrary to the public interest.
Reasons for this Finding: Sets the mid-August fall commercial fishing period for 2006. Season is consistent with the 2005-2007 interim management agreement, the 2006 non-Indian allocation agreement and commercial sturgeon harvest guidelines adopted for 2006. Regulation is consistent with compact action of August 10, 2006. There is insufficient time to promulgate permanent rules.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 1.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: August 11, 2006.
J. P. Koenings
by Larry Peck
a. 7:00 p.m. Sunday August 13 to 7:00 a.m. Monday August 14, 2006
b. 7:00 p.m. Tuesday August 15 to 7:00 a.m. Wednesday August 16, 2006
c. 7:00 p.m. Thursday August 17 to 7:00 a.m. Friday August 18, 2006
2. AREA: SMCRA 1A upstream of the Astoria-Megler Bridge, 1B, 1C, 1D, and 1E during August 13-14 and SMCRA 1B, 1C, 1D, and 1E during August 15-18.
3. GEAR: Drift gill nets only. Mono-filament gear is allowed. 8-inch minimum mesh and 9-3/4 inch maximum mesh.
4. ALLOWABLE SALE: Salmon and sturgeon. A maximum of seven white sturgeon may be possessed or sold by each participating vessel during each calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) that the fishery is open. The sturgeon possession/sales limit includes both mainstem and Select Area fisheries. Green sturgeon retention is prohibited.
5. SANCTUARIES: Grays River, Elokomin-A, Cowlitz River, Kalama-A, Lewis-A, Washougal and Sandy Rivers.
6. OTHER: Quick reporting required for Washington wholesale dealers, WAC 220-69-240.
The following section of the Washington Administrative Code is repealed effective 7:01 a.m. August 18, 2006:
|WAC 220-33-01000Q||Columbia River season below Bonneville.|