Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: To adopt a new draw game called "Hit 5." The lottery computers will generate a ticket and a receipt evidencing payment, once wager is made. One or more plays will be evidenced in the Hit 5 ticket. The tickets will be issued by a licensed lottery retailer and will list the set of five-number plays that belong to the ticket holder. The game's top prize will be the cashpot. The lottery drawing official will be lottery personnel designated by the director to conduct the drawings. The game play will be a number of any play integers from 1 thought [through] 39 inclusive.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 67.70.040 (1), (3).
Other Authority: RCW 67.70.040.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 06-23-116 on January 18, 2007 [November 20, 2006].
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: January 18, 2007.
Jana L. Jones
Director of Legal Services
HIT 5 GAME RULES
(2) Game grids: A field of 39 numbers found on the play slip.
(3) Play: One selection of five numbers.
(4) Play slip: A mark-sensitive game card used by players of Hit 5 Game to select plays.
(5) Hit 5 Game ticket: A computer-generated receipt evidencing payment for one or more plays in the Hit 5 Game. Tickets shall be issued by a licensed lottery retailer and shall list the set of five-number plays that belong to the ticket holder.
(6) Cashpot: The game's top prize.
(7) Lottery drawing official: Lottery personnel designated by the director to conduct drawings.
(2) Method of play: The player will use play slips to make number selections. The lottery terminal will read the play slip and issue ticket(s) with corresponding plays. If a play slip is not available, the lottery retailer may enter the selected numbers via the keyboard. A player may choose to have the number selections made by the lottery terminal, a random number generator operated by the computer, commonly referred to as "quick pick."
|WINNING COMBINATIONS||PRIZE CATEGORIES||ODDS OF WINNING (ONE PLAY)|
|All five winning numbers in one play||First Prize: Cashpot||1:575,757|
|Any four but not five winning numbers in one play||Second Prize: $100.00||1:3,387|
|Any three but not four or five winning numbers in one play||Third Prize: $10.00||1:102|
|Any two, but not three, four or five winning numbers in one play||Fourth Prize: $1.00||1:9.6|
(a) First prize (cashpot). All first prizes will be the amount announced by the director as the Hit 5 Game cashpot. The cashpot will be divided equally among all players who selected all five winning numbers in one play (in any sequence).
(b) Second prize. A $100 prize is to be paid to each player who holds four of the five winning numbers in one play in any sequence.
(c) Third prize. A $10.00 prize is to be paid to each player who holds three of the five winning numbers in one play in any sequence.
(d) Fourth prize. A $1.00 prize is to be paid to each player who holds two of the five winning numbers in one play in any sequence.
(e) The holder of a winning ticket may win only one prize per play.
(f) In the event any player who holds two, three, four or five of the five winning numbers does not claim the prize won within one hundred eighty days after the drawing in which the prize was won, that player's prize shall be retained in the state lottery account for use, pursuant to RCW 67.70.190.
(3) Prize payments will be made in accordance with WAC 315-30-030(6). Each prize shall be paid in a single payment. Federal income tax shall be withheld from prize payments as required by law.
(2) Hit 5 Game tickets shall, on the front of the ticket, contain the selection of numbers, amount, drawing date, ticket serial number and reference numbers. The back of the ticket shall contain overall odds of winning, player instructions, player information, signature area, governing statutes and rules, and the ticket stock number. The front of the ticket may include the overall odds of winning.
(2) The drawing will be conducted by lottery drawing officials.
(3) Each drawing shall randomly select five winning numbers. The drawing method shall be tested before and after each drawing. Any drawn numbers are not declared winners until the drawing is certified by the lottery. The winning numbers shall be used in determining all Hit 5 Game winners for that drawing. If a drawing is not certified, another drawing will be conducted to determine actual winners.
(4) The drawing shall not be invalidated based on the liability of the lottery.