Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: Revisions to rules are required to update rules for 1.6 combined FTE split between the resident high school and the skills center. Revision to allow for state funded full-day kindergarten students be able to be reported for up to a 1.0 AAFTE.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 392-121-136.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.150.290.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 07-23-040 on November 14, 2007.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: January 24, 2008.
Dr. Terry Bergeson
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending Order 97-06, filed 10/27/97, effective 11/27/97)
WAC 392-121-136 Limitation on enrollment counts. Enrollment counts pursuant to WAC 392-121-106 through 392-121-133 are subject to the following limitations:
(1) Except as provided in (a) ((
and)), (b) and (c) of
this subsection, no student, including a student enrolled in
more than one school district, shall be counted as more than
one full-time equivalent student on any count date or more
than one annual average full-time equivalent student in any
(a) School districts operating approved vocational skills center programs during the summer vacation months may claim additional full-time equivalent students based upon actual enrollment in such vocational skills centers on the first school day of July of each year. Each district operating an approved vocational skills center program shall be entitled to claim one annual average full-time equivalent student for each 900 hours of planned student enrollment for the summer term based upon the July enrollment data.
(b) Enrollment count limitations apply separately to a student's running start, skills center and high school enrollments.
(c) Subject to (b) of this subsection, a student enrolled in a skill center program during the regular school year may be claimed for up to a combined 1.6 full-time equivalent student.
A student can be claimed for a maximum of a 1.0 full-time equivalent for the skills center enrollment and a maximum of a 1.0 full-time equivalent for the student's high school enrollment.
(2) Running start enrollment counts are limited as provided in chapter 392-169 WAC and specifically as provided in WAC 392-169-060.
(3) The full-time equivalent reported for a five year old preschool student with a disability is limited as provided in WAC 392-121-137.
(4) No kindergarten student, including a student enrolled in more than one school district, shall be counted as more than one-half of an annual average full-time equivalent student in any school year.
(5) A student reported as full-time on Form SPI E-672 pursuant to WAC 392-122-275 for institutional education funding shall not be reported by a school district for basic education funding on that enrollment count date.
(6) A student reported as part-time on Form SPI E-672 shall not be reported by a school district for more than part-time basic education funding on that enrollment count date and the total enrollment reported by one or more school districts for basic education and on Form SPI E-672 must not exceed one full-time equivalent.
(7) Districts providing an approved state-funded full-day kindergarten program as provided in chapter 28A.150 RCW (from E2SSB 5841) may claim up to an additional 0.50 FTE based upon student enrolled hours in excess of the 0.50 FTE provided under subsection (4) of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290. 97-22-013 (Order 97-06), § 392-121-136, filed 10/27/97, effective 11/27/97; 95-01-013, § 392-121-136, filed 12/8/94, effective 1/8/95. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290, 28A.150.250 and 28A.150.260. 91-02-096 (Order 50), § 392-121-136, filed 1/2/91, effective 2/2/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.41.055 and 28A.41.170. 88-03-013 (Order 88-8), § 392-121-136, filed 1/11/88.]