1. Desired Future Condition. The board initiated rule making to amend chapter 222-30 WAC related to desired future condition performance targets in riparian management zones. The board will consider rule adoption at its November 2008 meeting.
2. Historic Sites. The board initiated rule making to amend WAC 222-16-050 and 222-16-010 relating to Class IV-Special classifications to include historic sites as a SEPA trigger. The board will consider rule adoption at its August 2008 meeting.
3. Conversion Activity. The board initiated rule making to amend WAC 222-16-010 to implement changes contained in 2SSB 5883 passed by the 2007 legislature. The board will consider rule adoption at its August 2008 meeting.
4. Trees and Houses. The board may consider rule making to amend rules that clarify the boundary between urban and forest lands.
5. Board Composition and Miscellaneous Corrections. The board will consider expedited rule making to implement changes contained in SHB 2893 (2008 legislation) which added a thirteenth member to the forest practices board, and changed the criterion for the small forest landowner general public member position. This rule proposal may also contain minor corrections to several additional WACs.
6. Upland Wildlife. The board, with the department of fish and wildlife, continues to conduct a comprehensive review of the forest practices rules and science for upland wildlife protection and development of cooperative management planning processes. This review and planning process, along with new species listings, and the designation of critical habitat, may result in a rule proposal.
Contact Person: Patricia Anderson, FPB Rules Coordinator, Department of Natural Resources, Forest Practices Division, P.O. Box 47012, Olympia, WA 98504-7012, phone (360) 902-1413, fax (360) 902-1428, e-mail email@example.com.