(Community Health Services)
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: To add tribal governments to the rules governing eligibility and administration of the community health service grants.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 182-20-100 and 182-20-160.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 41.05.160, 41.05.220, 41.05.230.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 10-02-072 on January 5, 2010.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 2, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: February 10, 2010.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending Order 00-06, filed 2/7/01, effective 3/10/01)
WAC 182-20-100 Administration. The authority shall contract with community health clinics to provide primary health care in the state of Washington by:
(1) Developing criteria for the selection of community health clinics to receive funding;
(2) Establishing statewide standards governing the granting of awards and assistance to community health clinics;
(3) Disbursing funds appropriated for community health clinics only to those clinics meeting the criteria in WAC 182-20-160;
(4) Distributing available state funds to community
health clinics ((
according to the following priority in the
order listed)), including:
First, to)) Community health clinics that are
private, nonprofit corporations classified exempt under
Internal Revenue Service Rule 501 (c)(3) and governed by a
board of directors including representatives from the
Second, to)) Local health jurisdictions with an
organized primary health clinic or division;
Third, to)) Private nonprofit or public hospitals
with an organized primary health clinic or department; and
(d) Tribal governments.
(5) Reviewing records and conducting on-site visits of contractors or applicants as necessary to assure compliance with these rules; and
(6) Withholding funding from a contractor or applicant until such time as satisfactory evidence of corrective action is received and approved by the authority, if the authority determines:
(a) Noncompliance with applicable state law or rule; or
(b) Noncompliance with the contract; or
(c) Failure to provide such records and data required by the authority to establish compliance with section 214(3), chapter 19, Laws of 1989 1st ex. sess., this chapter, and the contract; or
(d) The contractor or applicant provided inaccurate information in the application.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.05.160. 01-04-080 (Order 00-06), § 182-20-100, filed 2/7/01, effective 3/10/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040. 95-12-010, § 182-20-100, filed 5/26/95, effective 6/26/95.]
(1) Demonstrate private, nonprofit, tax exempt status incorporated in Washington state or public agency status under the jurisdiction of a local or county government;
(2) Receive other funds from at least one of the following sources:
(a) Section 329 of the Public Health Services Act;
(b) Section 330 of the Public Health Services Act;
(c) Community development block grant funds;
(d) Title V Urban Indian Health Service funds; ((
(e) Tribal governments; or
(f) Other public or private funds providing the clinic demonstrates:
(i) Fifty-one percent of total clinic population are low income;
(ii) Fifty-one percent or greater of funds come from sources other than programs under WAC 182-20-160;
(3) Operate as a community health clinic providing primary health care for at least eighteen months prior to applying for funding;
(4) Provide primary health care services with:
(a) Twenty-four-hour coverage of the clinic including provision or arrangement for medical and/or dental services after clinic hours;
(b) Direct clinical services provided by one or more of the following:
(i) Physician licensed under chapters 18.57 and 18.71 RCW;
(ii) Physician's assistant licensed under chapters 18.71A and 18.57A RCW;
(iii) Advanced registered nurse practitioner under chapter 18.79 RCW;
(iv) Dentist under chapter 18.32 RCW;
(v) Dental hygienist under chapter 18.29 RCW;
(c) Provision or arrangement for services as follows:
(i) Preventive health services on-site or elsewhere including:
(A) Eye and ear examinations for children;
(B) Perinatal services;
(C) Well-child services; and
(D) Family planning services;
(ii) Diagnostic and treatment services of physicians and where feasible a physician's assistant and/or advanced registered nurse practitioner, on-site;
(iii) Services of a dental professional licensed under Title 18 RCW on-site or elsewhere;
(iv) Diagnostic laboratory and radiological services on-site or elsewhere;
(v) Emergency medical services on-site or elsewhere;
(vi) Arrangements for transportation services;
(vii) Preventive dental services on-site or elsewhere; and
(viii) Pharmaceutical services, as appropriate, on-site or elsewhere;
(5) Demonstrate eligibility to receive and receipt of reimbursement from:
(a) Public insurance programs; and
(b) Public assistant programs, where feasible and possible;
(6) Have established for at least eighteen months an operating sliding scale fee schedule for adjustment of charges, based upon the individual's ability to pay for low-income individuals;
(7) Provide health care regardless of the individual's ability to pay; and
(8) Establish policies and procedures reflecting sensitivity to cultural and linguistic differences of individuals served and provide sufficient staff with the ability to communicate with the individuals.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.05.160. 01-04-080 (Order 00-06), § 182-20-160, filed 2/7/01, effective 3/10/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040. 95-12-010, § 182-20-160, filed 5/26/95, effective 6/26/95.]