SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Aging and Disability Services Administration)
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The department is amending and adopting new rules in chapter 388-106 WAC, Long-term care services, as follows:
• Updating how the individual budget amount is calculated after the New Freedom participant is assigned a classification as a result of an assessment performed in CARE.
• Updating how unused funds from New Freedom individual budgets will be maintained and/or returned to the department.
• Clarifying what services are available under the New Freedom waiver.
• Updating the role of a designated New Freedom representative to not allow payment as a personal care provider.
• New WAC to address institutionalized participants and their budgets.
• New WAC to address what services are not allowed under New Freedom.
• Adding two applicable definitions for clarity.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-106-0010, 388-106-1400, 388-106-1405, 388-106-1422, 388-106-1435, 388-106-1445, and 388-106-1455.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.520.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 10-02-096 on January 6, 2010.
Changes Other than Editing from Proposed to Adopted Version: Editorial changes only.
A final cost-benefit analysis is available by contacting Karen Fitzharris, Home and Community Services, P.O. Box 45600, Olympia, WA 98504-5600, phone (360) 725-2446, fax (360) 407-7582, e-mail Karen.Digre-Fitzharris@dshs.wa.gov.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 7, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 7, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: April 6, 2010.
Susan N. Dreyfus
Reviser's note: The material contained in this filing exceeded the page-count limitations of WAC 1-21-040 for appearance in this issue of the Register. It will appear in the 10-09 issue of the Register.