Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: We proposed two changes to WAC 392-121-136. First, the new rule change would limit a student's enrollment to a 2.0 FTE. Secondly, this change would establish the basis of claiming summer school enrollment in skill centers that would align better with the nonmonthly schedule that skill centers programs are offered during the summer.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 392-121-136.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.150.290(1).
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 10-09-026 on April 13, 2010.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: May 27, 2010.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 09-01-172, filed 12/23/08, effective 1/23/09)
WAC 392-121-136 Limitation on enrollment counts. Enrollment counts pursuant to WAC 392-121-106 through 392-121-133 are subject to the following limitations:
(1) Except as provided in (a), (b) and (c) of this subsection, no student, including a student enrolled in more than one school district, shall be counted as more than one full-time equivalent student on any count date or more than one annual average full-time equivalent student in any school year.
(a) School districts operating approved vocational skills
center programs during the summer vacation months may claim
additional full-time equivalent students based upon actual
enrollment in such vocational skills centers on the ((
school day of July of each year)) aggregate of enrolled hours
based upon the fourth day of each summer session. Each
district operating an approved vocational skills center
program shall be entitled to claim one annual average
full-time equivalent student for each 900 hours of planned
student enrollment for the summer term(s) (( based upon the
July enrollment data)) subject to the limitation in (c) of
(b) Enrollment count limitations apply separately to a student's running start, skills center and high school enrollments and is limited to an overall maximum 2.0 FTE.
(c) Subject to (b) of this subsection, a student enrolled in a skill center program during the regular school year may be claimed for up to a combined 1.6 full-time equivalent student.
A)) Each student (( can)) may be claimed for a maximum
of a 1.0 full-time equivalent for the skills center enrollment
and a maximum of a 1.0 full-time equivalent for the student's
high school enrollment subject to the overall 1.6 FTE maximum.
(2) Running start enrollment counts are limited as provided in chapter 392-169 WAC and specifically as provided in WAC 392-169-060.
(3) The full-time equivalent reported for a five year old preschool student with a disability is limited as provided in WAC 392-121-137.
(4) No kindergarten student, including a student enrolled in more than one school district, shall be counted as more than one-half of an annual average full-time equivalent student in any school year.
(5) A student reported as part-time on Form SPI E-672 shall not be reported by a school district for more than part-time basic education funding on that enrollment count date and the total enrollment reported by one or more school districts for basic education and on Form SPI E-672 must not exceed one full-time equivalent.
(6) Districts providing an approved state-funded full-day kindergarten program as provided in chapter 28A.150 RCW (from E2SSB 5841) may claim up to an additional 0.50 FTE based upon student enrolled hours in excess of the 0.50 FTE provided under subsection (4) of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290. 09-01-172, § 392-121-136, filed 12/23/08, effective 1/23/09; 08-04-010, § 392-121-136, filed 1/24/08, effective 2/24/08; 97-22-013 (Order 97-06), § 392-121-136, filed 10/27/97, effective 11/27/97; 95-01-013, § 392-121-136, filed 12/8/94, effective 1/8/95. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290, 28A.150.250 and 28A.150.260. 91-02-096 (Order 50), § 392-121-136, filed 1/2/91, effective 2/2/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.41.055 and 28A.41.170. 88-03-013 (Order 88-8), § 392-121-136, filed 1/11/88.]