Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: To clarify existing rules and add a new section regarding smoking and tobacco use.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 132Q-30-130 and 130Q-30-238.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28B.50.140.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 11-14-091 on July 1, 2011.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 1, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: September 20, 2011.
Public Information Officer
and Rules Coordinator
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 07-10-042, filed 4/25/07, effective 6/25/07)
WAC 132Q-30-130 Responsibility for guests. A student or student organization is responsible for the conduct of guests on or in college premises and at functions sponsored by the college or sponsored by a recognized student organization. Bringing any person including children to a teaching environment without the express approval of the faculty member or other authorized official is prohibited.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50 RCW. 07-10-042, § 132Q-30-130, filed 4/25/07, effective 6/25/07.]
(1) Smoking and tobacco use are also prohibited:
(a) Within twenty-five feet of entrances, exits, windows that open, and ventilation intakes that serve an enclosed area where smoking and tobacco use are prohibited; and
(b) Where designated on college premises.
(2) "Smoking" means:
(a) Inhaling, exhaling, burning, carrying or possessing any lighted tobacco product, including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, and any other lit tobacco products; or
(b) Use of electronic nicotine delivery devices including, but not limited to, electronic cigarettes, vapor cigarettes, or similar products.
(3) "Tobacco use" means the personal use of:
(a) Any tobacco product, which shall include smoking, as defined in subsection (2) of this section, as well as use of an electronic cigarette or any other device intended to simulate smoking;
(b) Smokeless tobacco, including snuff, chewing tobacco, smokeless pouches, or any other form of loose-leaf, smokeless tobacco.
(4) "Facilities" means a district owned or controlled property, building, or component of that property/building.
(5) "Motor pool vehicles" means vehicles assigned to specific college departments or programs; vehicles used for instructional purposes; vehicles dispatched to staff and students on a reserved, single-use basis; and vehicles assigned to specific faculty and staff.
(1) Unauthorized entry into a file, to use, read, or change the contents, or for any other purpose.
(2) Unauthorized transfer of a file.
(3) Use of another individual's identification and/or password.
(4) Use of computing facilities and resources to interfere with the work of another student, faculty member, or college official.
(5) Use of computing facilities and resources to send obscene, harassing, or threatening messages.
(6) Use of computing facilities and resources to interfere with normal operation of the college computing system.
(7) Use of computing facilities and resources in violation of copyright laws.
(8) Any violation of the CCS ((
Resources)) Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources
policy (( (7.30.05) or procedure)).
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50 RCW. 07-10-042, § 132Q-30-238, filed 4/25/07, effective 6/25/07.]