FISH AND WILDLIFE
Effective Date of Rule: July 5, 2012.
Purpose: Amend recreational fishing rules.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 232-28-61900R; and amending WAC 232-28-619.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 77.12.047 and 77.04.020.
Under RCW 34.05.350 the agency for good cause finds that immediate adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule is necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety, or general welfare, and that observing the time requirements of notice and opportunity to comment upon adoption of a permanent rule would be contrary to the public interest.
Reasons for this Finding: The closure will reduce incidental hooking mortality on Endangered Species Act listed chinook salmon. Anglers are abusing the game fish rules and specifically targeting chinook salmon leading to increased mortality. There is insufficient time to adopt permanent rules.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 1.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: July 2, 2012.
for Philip Anderson
(1) The Skagit River from the mouth to the Highway 536 Bridge at Mt Vernon (Memorial Highway Bridge, July 5 through August 31, 2012.
(2) The Skagit River from the Highway 536 Bridge to Gilligan Creek, July 16 through August 31, 2012.
(3) The Skagit River from Gilligan Creek to The Dalles Bridge at Concrete, July 5 through September 15, 2012.
(4) The Skagit River from the Dalles Bridge at Concrete to Highway 530 Bridge at Rockport July 5 through September 15, 2012.
(5) The Skagit River from Highway 530 Bridge to Cascade River Road (Marblemount Bridge), July 16 through September 15, 2012.
Reviser's note: The typographical errors in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appear in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.
The following section of the Washington Administrative Code is repealed effective September 16, 2012:
|WAC 232-28-61900R||Exceptions to statewide rules--Skagit River.|