Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 12-18-056.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: TITLE 315 WAC, the lottery commission has identified technical corrections and updates to WAC 315-10-020. This update will accomplish technical and correctional updates necessary for operational procedures.
Hearing Location(s): Washington's Lottery, 814 4th Avenue, Olympia, WA 98506, on November 27, 2012, at 0900.
Date of Intended Adoption: November 27, 2012.
Submit Written Comments to: Jana Jones, P.O. Box 43000, Olympia, WA 98506, e-mail email@example.com, fax (360) 586-1039, by November 23, 2012.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Debbie Robinson by November 23, 2012, TTY (360) 586-0933 or (360) 664-4815.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: The lottery commission has identified technical corrections and updates to WAC 315-10-020. The lottery wishes to update WAC 315-10-020 to include language to add play symbols to the front and or back of an instant ticket as the lottery deems necessary for creative purposes.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 67.70.040 (1), (3).
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 67.70.040.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Washington state lottery commission, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting and Implementation: Jana Jones, Washington's Lottery, (360) 664-4833; and Enforcement: Len Brudvik, Washington's Lottery, (360) 664-4742.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. The only business allowed by law to sell lottery products are existing licensed lottery retailers.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328.
October 19, 2012
Jana L. Jones
Director of Legal Services
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 05-11-049, filed 5/13/05, effective 6/13/05)
WAC 315-10-020 Definitions. (1) Ticket. The ticket purchased for participation in an instant game and any ticket used in media promotions and retailer incentive programs authorized by the director for an instant game.
(2) Instant game. A game in which a ticket is purchased and the ticket bearer determines his or her winnings, if any.
(3) Ticket bearer. The person who has signed the ticket or has possession of the unsigned ticket.
(4) Play symbols. The numbers or symbols appearing in the designated areas on the front and or the back of the ticket. Play symbols were formerly called play numbers. Both terms shall have the same meaning.
(5) Your(s). The ticket bearer's play area or areas (for example, "your hand(s)," "your card(s)," or "your roll(s)").
(6) Their(s). The opponent's play area or areas (for example, "their card(s)," or "their roll(s)").
(7) Validation number. The multidigit number found on the ticket and on any ticket stub. There must be a validation number on the ticket or any stub.
(8) Working papers or software requirement specifications. The documents providing production and winning ticket specifications for each instant ticket game.
(9) Scratch game. An instant game in which a ticket is purchased and, upon removal of a scratch-off coating on the front and or the back of the ticket, the ticket bearer determines his or her winning, if any.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 67.70 RCW. 05-11-049, § 315-10-020, filed 5/13/05, effective 6/13/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 67.70.040. 98-08-067, § 315-10-020, filed 3/30/98, effective 4/30/98; 97-04-047, § 315-10-020, filed 1/31/97, effective 3/3/97; 89-21-029, § 315-10-020, filed 10/10/89, effective 11/10/89; 86-01-060 (Order 83), § 315-10-020, filed 12/16/85; 84-05-008 (Order 51), § 315-10-020, filed 2/7/84. Statutory Authority: RCW 67.70.040 and 67.70.050. 83-05-029 (Order 14), § 315-10-020, filed 2/10/83. Statutory Authority: 1982 2nd ex.s. c 7. 82-21-038 (Order 3), § 315-10-020, filed 10/15/82.]