Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Practice and procedure -- Matters subject to brief adjudication.
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED UNDER AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS USE OF THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO Ralph Jenks, Washington State University, P.O. Box 641225, Pullman, WA 99164-1225 , AND RECEIVED BY July 23, 2013.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Updates to cross-references in WAC 504-04-010 to reflect the addition of references to WAC sections that did not exist at the time this section was last revised and the removal of references to WAC sections that no longer exist.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: To bring the references included in the section into compliance with current WAC organization.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28B.30.150.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Office of finance and administration, Washington State University, public.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Ralph Jenks, Director, Procedures, Records, and Forms, Information Technology Building 3089, Pullman, WA 99164-1225, (509) 335-2005; Implementation and Enforcement: Roger Patterson, Vice-President, Finance and Administration, French Administration 442, Pullman, WA 99164-1045, (509) 335-5524.
May 20, 2013
Ralph T. Jenks, Director
Procedures, Records, and Forms
and University Rules Coordinator
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 07-02-034, filed 12/26/06, effective 1/26/07)
WAC 504-04-010 Matters subject to brief adjudication. The following proceedings are matters to be treated as brief adjudications pursuant to RCW 34.05.482 through 34.05.491:
(1) Student conduct proceedings. The procedural rules of
504-25)) 504-26 WAC apply to these proceedings.
(2) Appeals of residency determinations. If a hearing is required by law or constitutional right, appeals of residency determinations under RCW 28B.15.013 are brief adjudicative proceedings conducted by the office of admissions.
(3) Appeals of parking violations. Appeals of parking
violations are brief adjudicatory proceedings conducted
pursuant to applicable rules. See WAC 504-13-860, 504-14-860,
504-18-170,)) and 504-19-860.
(4) Hearings on student records. Hearings pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. § 1232g are to be brief adjudicative proceedings conducted pursuant to the rules of chapter 504-21 WAC.
(5) Hearings on denial of financial aid. Any hearings required by state or federal law regarding granting, modification or denial of financial aid are brief adjudicative proceedings conducted by the office of scholarships and financial aid.
(6) Emergency withdrawal of students. Proceedings to disenroll students for medical or psychological reasons are brief adjudicative proceedings conducted by the office of student affairs.
(7) Discipline and termination of student employees. When required by law, hearings for the termination of or imposition of disciplinary measures on student employees shall be brief adjudicative proceedings.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.30.150. 07-02-034, § 504-04-010, filed 12/26/06, effective 1/26/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 34.05.220, 28B.30.095, 28B.30.125, 28B.10.648, 34.05.250 and 34.05.482. 89-23-117, § 504-04-010, filed 11/22/89, effective 12/23/89.]