WSR 16-02-066
[Filed January 4, 2016, 10:48 a.m.]
Original Notice.
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 15-17-042.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Chapter 260-36 WAC, Licenses.
Hearing Location(s): Auburn City Council Chambers, 25 West Main, Auburn, WA 98002, on February 12, 2016, at 9:30 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: February 12, 2016.
Submit Written Comments to: Douglas L. Moore, 6326 Martin Way, Suite 209, Olympia, WA 98516-5578, e-mail, fax (360) 459-6461, by February 12, 2016.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Patty Brown by February 10, 2016, TTY (360) 459-6462.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Adds a section to address who must be licensed to conduct business in the restricted areas.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: Ensures that direction is given for who must obtain vendors licenses prior to offering services in the restricted areas.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 67.16.020.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: [Horse racing commission], governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation, and Enforcement: Douglas L. Moore, 6326 Martin Way, Suite 209, Olympia, WA 98516-5578, (360) 459-6462.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. Not applicable.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. Not applicable.
January 4, 2016
Douglas L. Moore
Executive Secretary
WAC 260-36-055 Vendors license required.
(1) Any individual or business that offers a service or product for a fee in the restricted area of the grounds must obtain a vendors license. These services include, but are not limited to:
(a) Feed and bedding;
(b) Equine massage or dentistry;
(c) Farriers;
(d) Horse transportation;
(e) Tack and supplies; and
(f) Vitamins and supplements.
(2) For horse transportation companies, the manager or owner of the business must obtain a license.
Drivers designated for the route that normally includes the track must obtain a service employee license.
(3) The commission may require proof of a Washington state business license prior to licensure.