HEALTH CARE AUTHORITY
[Filed July 2, 2018, 9:54 a.m.]
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 18-09-119.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 182-531-2030 Enhanced rates for pediatric care services and administration of vaccines.
Hearing Location(s): On August 7, 2018, at 10:00 a.m., at the Health Care Authority (HCA), Cherry Street Plaza, Sue Crystal 106A, 626 8th Avenue, Olympia, WA 98504. Metered public parking is available street side around building. A map is available at https://www.hca.wa.gov/assets/program/Driving-parking-checkin-instructions.pdf or directions can be obtained by calling 360-725-1000.
Date of Intended Adoption: Not sooner than August 8, 2018.
Submit Written Comments to: HCA Rules Coordinator, P.O. Box 42716, Olympia, WA 98504-2716, email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 360-586-9727, by August 7, 2018.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Amber Lougheed, phone 360-725-1349, fax 360-586-9727, TTY 800-848-5429 or 711, email email@example.com, by August 3, 2018.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: The agency is creating new WAC 182-531-2030 Enhanced rates for pediatric care services and administration of vaccines. The funding for this enhanced rate was authorized under ESSB 6032, section 213 (1)(ddd).
Reasons Supporting Proposal: See purpose.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 41.05.021
, ESSB 6032, section 213 (1)(ddd).
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: HCA, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Vance Taylor, P.O. Box 42716, Olympia, WA 98504-2716, 360-725-5145; Implementation and Enforcement: Wendy Steffens, P.O. Box 42716, Olympia, WA 98504-2716, 360-725-1344.
A school district fiscal impact statement is not required under RCW 28A.305.135
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328
. RCW 34.05.328
does not apply to HCA rules unless requested by the joint administrative rules review committee or applied voluntarily.
This rule proposal, or portions of the proposal, is exempt from requirements of the Regulatory Fairness Act because the proposal:
Is exempt under RCW 19.85.025
(3) as the rules set or adjust fees under the authority of RCW 19.02.075
or that set or adjust fees or rates pursuant to legislative standards, including fees set or adjusted under the authority of RCW 19.80.045
July 2, 2018
WAC 182-531-2030Enhanced rates for pediatric care services and administration of vaccines.
(1) Subject to available funds, the agency pays an enhanced rate for covered pediatric care services and the administration of vaccines provided to clients age eighteen and younger.
(2) For the purposes of this section, pediatric care services are defined as covered evaluation and management services.
(3) The agency uses the resource-based relative value scale (RBRVS) payment methodology described in WAC 182-531-1850 to calculate the enhanced rate.
(4) If the enhanced rate is less than the agency's published fee schedule rate, the agency pays the published rate.
(5) This enhanced rate applies only to pediatric care services and administration of vaccines for clients age eighteen and younger that are not already paid at an enhanced rate.