BATES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
[Filed July 23, 2019, 1:37 p.m.]
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 19-12-053.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Amending chapter 495A-130 WAC to update with current state statutes and provide additional information for tuition and fee schedules at Bates Technical College.
Hearing Location(s): On September 11, 2019, at 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., at the Clyde Hupp Room, Building A, Room A329, Downtown Campus, 1101 South Yakima Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98405-4895.
Date of Intended Adoption: September 25, 2019.
Submit Written Comments to: Dr. Jean Hernandez, 1101 South Yakima Avenue, Room A332, Tacoma, WA 98405-4895, email email@example.com, fax 253-680-7101, by September 6, 2019.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Ms. Becky Welch, phone 253-680-7100, fax 253-680-7101, email firstname.lastname@example.org, by September 4, 2019.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Amending to align with tuition and fee schedule rules and statutes.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: See purpose above.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Bates Technical College, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Dr. Jean Hernandez, Bates Technical College, 253-680-7163; Implementation and Enforcement: Office of the President, Bates Technical College, 253-680-7105.
A school district fiscal impact statement is not required under RCW 28A.305.135
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328
This rule proposal, or portions of the proposal, is exempt from requirements of the Regulatory Fairness Act because the proposal:
Is exempt under RCW 19.85.025
(3) as the rules relate only to internal governmental operations that are not subject to violation by a nongovernment party; rules are adopting or incorporating by reference without material change federal statutes or regulations, Washington state statutes, rules of other Washington state agencies, shoreline master programs other than those programs governing shorelines of statewide significance, or, as referenced by Washington state law, national consensus codes that generally establish industry standards, if the material adopted or incorporated regulates the same subject matter and conduct as the adopting or incorporating rule; rules only correct typographical errors, make address or name changes, or clarify language of a rule without changing its effect; and rule content is explicitly and specifically dictated by statute.
July 22, 2019
Dr. Jean Hernandez
to the President
WAC 495A-130-010Tuition and fee schedules.
RCW sets the parameters for tuition and fee levels at state community and technical colleges. The legislature establishes the tuition and fee rates each biennium. The tuition and fee rates charged by Bates Technical College are based on this legislation, the specific amounts to be charged are transmitted to the college by the state board for community and technical colleges.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 92-12-017, filed 5/26/92, effective 6/26/92)
WAC 495A-130-020Location of schedules.
Additional and detailed information and specific amounts to be charged for each category of students will be found in the college catalog and in the following locations on the Bates Technical College campus:
(1) The office of admissions;
(2) The registration and records office; and
(3) College web site.
WAC 495A-130-030Tuition and fee waivers.
(1) Bates Technical College may establish tuition and fee waivers as authorized by state law and by the state board for community and technical college. This will be done in accordance with regular college fiscal processes. Information regarding specific waivers will be available as provided in WAC 495A-130-020.
(2) Upon an applicant's request, individual determinations on tuition and fee waivers will be reviewed by the college, in a brief adjudicative proceeding under RCW 34.05.482