BATES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
[Filed September 25, 2019, 4:39 p.m., effective October 26, 2019]
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: Chapter 495A-130 WAC, Tuition and fee schedules, updated to explain the tuition and fee rules for Bates Technical College.
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Amending chapter 495A-130 WAC.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 19-12-053 [19-15-130] on May 31 [July 23], 2019.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 2, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 2, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: September 25, 2019.
Dr. Jean Hernandez
to the President
WAC 495A-130-010Tuition and fee schedules.
RCW sets the parameters for tuition and fee levels at state community and technical colleges. The legislature establishes the tuition and fee rates each biennium. The tuition and fee rates charged by Bates Technical College are based on this legislation, the specific amounts to be charged are transmitted to the college by the state board for community and technical colleges.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 92-12-017, filed 5/26/92, effective 6/26/92)
WAC 495A-130-020Location of schedules.
Additional and detailed information and specific amounts to be charged for each category of students will be found in the college catalog and in the following locations ((on the Bates Technical College campus)):
(1) The Bates Technical College's office of admissions;
(2) The Bates Technical College's registration and records office; and
(3) The Bates Technical College web site.
WAC 495A-130-030Tuition and fee waivers.
(1) Bates Technical College may establish tuition and fee waivers as authorized by state law and by the state board for community and technical colleges. This will be done in accordance with regular college fiscal processes. Information regarding specific waivers will be available as provided in WAC 495A-130-020.
(2) Upon an applicant's request, individual determinations on tuition and fee waivers will be reviewed by the college, in a brief adjudicative proceeding under RCW 34.05.482