DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING
[Filed May 19, 2020, 1:38 p.m.]
Continuance of WSR 20-06-035 [20-07-104].
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 19-15-047.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 308-101-030 Computation of time.
Hearing Location(s): On June 17, 2020, at 11:00 a.m., at Highways-Licenses Building, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA 98504.
See the "Purpose of the Proposal" section below. Public audio hearing available through Skype: 1 (360) 407-3815.
Date of Intended Adoption: June 18, 2020.
Submit Written Comments to: Marguerite Friedlander, Administrator, Department of Licensing, Highways-Licenses Building, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA 98504, email email@example.com, by June 16, 2020.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Marguerite Friedlander, administrator, department of licensing (DOL), phone 360-664-1523 or 360-902-0105, email firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 15, 2020.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak in our state, DOL, hearings and interviews unit has changed the following hearings and interviews public rules hearing:
From: June 17, 2020, at 11:00 a.m., at Department of Licensing, Highways-Licenses Building, Conference Room 430, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA 98504.
To: June 17, 2020, at 11:00 a.m., Telephonic Public Rules Hearing, Call In Number: (360) 407-3815, Conference ID: 7391584.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: This rule will avoid inconsistency in calculations and reduce the number of hearings that would be dismissed for being scheduled beyond the statutory thirty days.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: DOL, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation, and Enforcement: Marguerite Friedlander, 421 Black Lake Boulevard S.W., Olympia, WA 98502, 360-664-1444.
A school district fiscal impact statement is not required under RCW 28A.305.135
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328
. No cost is associated with this rule change.
This rule proposal, or portions of the proposal, is exempt from requirements of the Regulatory Fairness Act because the proposal:
Is exempt under RCW 19.85.025
(3) as the rules adopt, amend, or repeal a procedure, practice, or requirement relating to agency hearings; or a filing or related process requirement for applying to an agency for a license or permit.
May 19, 2020
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 18-11-098, filed 5/21/18, effective 9/4/18)
WAC 308-101-030Computation of time.
(1) In computing any period of time prescribed or allowed by any applicable statute or rule, RCW 1.12.040
(2) When the period of time prescribed or allowed is less than seven days, intermediate Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays shall be excluded in the computation;
(3) Whenever a person has the right to request a hearing or other proceeding within a prescribed period after "notice is given" by the department under Title 46
RCW or 308 WAC, such notice is deemed to be given on the third day after the notice is deposited into the state mailing service;
(4) Whenever a person has the right to request a hearing or other proceeding within a prescribed period after "receiving notice" from the department under Title 46
RCW or 308 WAC, such notice is deemed to be "received" by a person on the third day after the notice is deposited into the state mailing service((.
(5) A request for a hearing or interview under Title 46
RCW is deemed complete on the day the request is postmarked or, if sent electronically, the date the request is received by the department, and the department is deemed to be in receipt of the hearing or interview request on the third day after the request is postmarked