SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Economic Services Administration)
[Filed October 27, 2020, 2:54 p.m.]
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: The department is proposing amendments to WAC 388-434-0005 How often does the department review my eligibility for benefits?
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: The proposed housekeeping amendments to WAC 388-434-0005 update outdated terminology without changing the effect of the rule.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: These amendments meet the criteria for expedited adoption as set forth in RCW 34.05.353
(1)(c): "The proposed rules only correct typographical errors, make address or name changes, or clarify language of a rule without changing its effect."
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Department of social and health services, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation, and Enforcement: Kathryn Gussett, P.O. Box 45470, Olympia, WA 98504, 509-290-8435.
This notice meets the following criteria to use the expedited adoption process for these rules:
Corrects typographical errors, make address or name changes, or clarify language of a rule without changing its effect.
Explanation of the Reason the Agency Believes the Expedited Rule-Making Process is Appropriate: The amendments update outdated terminology without changing the effect of the rule.
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED UNDER AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS USE OF THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO DSHS Rules Coordinator, Department of Social and Health Services, P.O. Box 45850, Olympia, WA 98504, phone 360-664-6097, fax 360-664-6185, email DSHSRPAURulesCoordinator@dshs.wa.gov, AND RECEIVED BY January 4, 2021.
October 23, 2020
Katherine I. Vasquez
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 13-18-005, filed 8/22/13, effective 10/1/13)
WAC 388-434-0005How often does the department review my eligibility for benefits?
(1) If you receive cash assistance, the department reviews your eligibility for assistance at least once every twelve months.
(2) When it is time for your eligibility review, the department requires you to complete a review. We use the information you provide to determine your eligibility for all assistance programs.
(3) If you complete an interview for assistance with a department representative and sign the printed ((application for benefits (AFB)))interactive interview declaration (IID) form, you do not have to complete a separate review form.
(4) For cash assistance, an eligibility review form or the ((AFB))IID must be dated and signed by both ((husband and wife))spouses, or both parents of a child in common when the parents live together.
(5) We may review your eligibility at any time if we decide your circumstances need to be reviewed sooner.
(6) At your review, we look at:
(a) All eligibility requirements under WAC 388-400-0005 through 388-400-0030;
(b) Changes since we last determined your eligibility; and
(c) Changes that are anticipated for the next review period.
(7) You are responsible for attending an interview if one is required under WAC 388-452-0005.
(8) If you do not complete the eligibility review for cash assistance, we consider you to be withdrawing your request for continuing assistance and your cash assistance benefits will end.
(9) We will send you written notice as described under chapter 388-458 WAC before assistance is suspended, terminated, or a benefit error is established as a result of your eligibility review.
(10) When you need a supplemental accommodation under WAC 388-472-0010, we will help you meet the requirements of this section.