HEALTH CARE AUTHORITY
[Filed January 6, 2021, 9:26 a.m., effective February 6, 2021]
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The agency amended these rules to increase the personal needs allowance from $70.00 to $71.12 effective January 1, 2021. Funding is approved for this increase which affects those receiving long-term services and supports in medical institutions and alternate living facilities. The agency also amended subsection (2)(a), (b), and (5) to reflect $71.12, added references to WAC 388-478-0006 in subsections (3) and (4), and amended the publication web address in subsection (8).
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 182-513-1105.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 20-24-035 on November 20, 2020.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: January 6, 2021.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 18-20-047, filed 9/26/18, effective 1/1/19)
WAC 182-513-1105Personal needs allowance (PNA) and room and board standards in a medical institution and alternate living facility (ALF).
(1) This section describes the personal needs allowance (PNA), which is an amount set aside from a client's income that is intended for personal needs, and the room and board standard.
(2) The PNA in a state veteran's nursing facility:
(a) Is (($70))$71.12, effective January 1, 2021, for a veteran without a spouse or dependent children receiving a needs-based veteran's pension in excess of $90;
(b) Is (($70))$71.12, effective January 1, 2021, for a veteran's surviving spouse with no dependent children receiving a needs-based veteran's pension in excess of $90; or
(c) Is $160 for a client who does not receive a needs-based veteran's pension.
(3) The PNA in a medical institution for clients receiving aged, blind, or disabled (ABD) cash assistance or temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) cash assistance is the client's personal and incidental (CPI) cash payment, as described in WAC 388-478-0006, based on residing in a medical institution, which is $41.62.
(4) The PNA in an alternate living facility (ALF) for clients receiving ABD cash assistance or TANF cash assistance is the CPI, as described in WAC 388-478-0006, based on residing in an ALF that is not an adult family home, which is $38.84.
(5) The PNA for clients not described in subsections (2), (3), and (4) of this section, who reside in a medical institution or in an ALF, is (($70))$71.12, effective January 1, 2021.
(6) Effective January 1, 2018, and each year thereafter, the amount of the PNA in subsection (5) of this section may be adjusted by the percentage of the cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) for old-age, survivors, and disability social security benefits as published by the federal Social Security Administration. This adjustment is subject to state legislative funding.
(7) The room and board standard in an ALF used by home and community services (HCS) and the developmental disabilities administration (DDA) is based on the federal benefit rate (FBR) minus the current PNA as described under subsection (5)(b) of this section.
(8) The current PNA and room and board standards used in long-term services and supports are published under the institutional standards on the Washington apple health (medicaid) income and resource standards chart located at ((www.hca.wa.gov/free-or-low-cost-health-care/program-administration/program-standard-income-and-resources))www.hca.wa.gov/health-care-services-supports/program-standard-income-and-resources.