HEALTH CARE AUTHORITY
[Filed April 28, 2021, 9:40 a.m., effective May 29, 2021]
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The health care authority is revising this section to mirror language in WAC 388-106-1910 to alleviate confusion caused by the discrepancies in the language between the two sections.
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 182-513-1620.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 21-07-112 on March 23, 2021.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: April 28, 2021.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 19-11-123, filed 5/22/19, effective 6/22/19)
WAC 182-513-1620Tailored supports for older adults (TSOA)—Presumptive eligibility (PE).
(1) A person may be determined presumptively eligible for tailored supports for older adults (TSOA) services upon completion of a prescreening interview.
(2) The prescreening interview may be conducted by either:
(a) The area agency on aging (AAA); or
(b) A home and community services intake case manager or social worker.
(3) To receive services under presumptive eligibility (PE), the person must meet:
(a) Nursing facility level of care under WAC 388-106-0355;
(b) TSOA income limits under WAC 182-513-1635; and
(c) TSOA resource limits under WAC 182-513-1640.
(4) The PE period begins on the date the determination is made and:
(a) Ends on the last day of the month following the month of the PE determination if a full TSOA application is not completed and submitted by that date; or
(b) Continues through the date the final TSOA eligibility determination is made if a full TSOA application is submitted before the last day of the month following the month of the PE determination.
(5) If the person applies and is not determined financially eligible for TSOA, there is no overpayment or liability on the part of the applicant for services received during the PE period.
(6) The medicaid agency or the agency's designee sends written notice as described in WAC 182-518-0010 when PE for TSOA is approved or denied.
(7) A person may receive ((only one PE period))services under presumptive eligibility only once within a ((consecutive)) twenty-four-month period.
(8) If the department of social and health services establishes a waitlist for TSOA services under WAC 388-106-1975, then PE does not apply.