HEALTH CARE AUTHORITY
[Filed July 8, 2021, 3:31 p.m.]
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 21-11-003.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 182-130-0100 Family initiated treatment (FIT)—Appropriately trained professional person.
Hearing Location(s): On August 24, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. The health care authority (HCA) remains closed in response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) public health emergency. Until further notice, HCA continues to hold public hearings virtually without a physical meeting place. This promotes social distancing and the safety of the residents of Washington state. To attend the virtual public hearing, you must register in advance for this public hearing https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BNCWCw0FQSOhcaAMJzTrTw. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the public hearing.
Date of Intended Adoption: Not sooner than August 25, 2021.
Submit Written Comments to: HCA Rules Coordinator, P.O. Box 42716, Olympia, WA 98504-2716, email email@example.com, fax 360-586-9727, by August 24, 2021.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Amber Lougheed, phone 360-725-1349, fax 360-586-9727, telecommunication[s] relay service 711, email firstname.lastname@example.org, by August 6, 2021.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: As required in RCW 71.34.670
for family-initiated treatment, the authority intends to adopt rules to define "appropriately trained professional person" operating within their scope of practice within Title 18
RCW for the purposes of conducting mental health and substance use disorder evaluations under RCW 71.34.600
(3) and 71.34.650
Reasons Supporting Proposal: See purpose.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Agency Comments or Recommendations, if any, as to Statutory Language, Implementation, Enforcement, and Fiscal Matters: Not applicable.
Name of Proponent: HCA, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Valerie Freudenstein, P.O. Box 42716, Olympia, WA 98504-2716, 360-725-1344; Implementation and Enforcement: Enos Mbajah, P.O. Box 45056, Olympia, WA 98504-5056, 360-725-1879.
A school district fiscal impact statement is not required under RCW 28A.305.135
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328
. RCW 34.05.328
does not apply to HCA rules unless requested by the joint administrative rules review committee or applied voluntarily.
This rule proposal, or portions of the proposal, is exempt from requirements of the Regulatory Fairness Act because the proposal:
Is exempt under RCW 19.85.025
(3) as the rule content is explicitly and specifically dictated by statute.
July 8, 2021
Chapter 182-130 WAC
FAMILY INITIATED TREATMENT (FIT)
WAC 182-130-0100Family initiated treatment (FIT)—Appropriately trained professional person.
(1) An appropriately trained professional person means a psychiatrist, psychologist, psychiatric nurse, social worker, licensed marriage and family therapist, licensed mental health counselor, and other mental health professionals as defined by the department of health under chapter 71.05
(2) An appropriately trained professional person can also be a substance use disorder professional, or those who hold co-occurring substance use disorder and mental health credentials as defined by the department of health under chapter 18.205
(3) The professional person evaluating for mental health must hold mental health or co-occurring credentials.
(4) The professional person evaluating for substance use disorder must hold substance use disorder or co-occurring credentials.