SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Aging and Long-Term Support Administration)
[Filed September 27, 2021, 12:50 p.m., effective October 28, 2021]
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The department is amending WAC 388-106-0275 to enable budgetary flexibilities related to funding availability that may not exceed $2,500 per discharge for items and services, and to clarify items that may not be purchased under this rule.
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-106-0275.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 21-17-047 on August 10, 2021.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: September 27, 2021.
Katherine I. Vasquez
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 16-04-020, filed 1/22/16, effective 2/22/16)
WAC 388-106-0275Are there limits to the community transition services I may receive?
Community transition services:
(1) Do not include recreational or diverting items, such as a television, cable or VCR;
(2) Do not include room and board; ((and))
(3) ((May not exceed eight hundred fifty dollars per discharge))Do not include residential unit furnishings, as outlined in WAC 388-78A-3011 for assisted living facilities and WAC 388-76-10685 for adult family homes;
(4) Do not include items that would otherwise be covered under other payment sources, including but not limited to, medicare, medicaid, and private insurance; and
(5) May not exceed twenty-five hundred dollars per discharge for items and services.