DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
[Filed April 11, 2022, 8:35 a.m., effective May 12, 2022]
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: Updates the definition of "California Rule" in WAC 194-24-030 to include a December 2021, update to Title 20, Article 4 of the California Code of Regulations. The December 2021, update amended the California regulations to incorporate new technologies pertaining to computers and computer monitors. By updating WAC 194-24-030 to include the California rule as updated by the December 2021, update, the proposed rule maintains and improves consistency with comparable standards for computers and computer monitors in other states.
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 194-24-030.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 22-01-221 on December 22, 2021.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: April 11, 2022.
Rules Coordinator and Policy Advisor
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 20-21-083, filed 10/19/20, effective 11/19/20)
The definitions in chapter 19.260
RCW apply throughout this chapter.
(1) The following terms have the same meaning as used in the California Rule:
(b) Tub spout diverters;
(c) Showerhead tub spout diverter combinations;
(d) Lavatory faucets and replacement aerators;
(e) Kitchen faucets and replacement aerators;
(f) Public lavatory faucets and replacement aerators;
(h) Water closets; and
(i) Computers and computer monitors.
(2) "California Rule" means Title 20, Article 4, California Code of Regulations, in effect on ((January 2019, revised September 2019))December 9, 2021.
(3) "MAEDbS" means the modernized appliance efficiency database system established pursuant to section 1606(c) of the California Rule and maintained by the California energy commission.
(4) "Distribute" means to import, consign, buy or sell for resale, offer for sale, sell, barter, exchange, install for compensation or otherwise supply a product subject to the standards in this chapter or chapter 19.260
(5) "Distributor" means a person who distributes.
(6) "Manufacturer" has the same meaning as used in the California Rule.