WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
[Filed June 22, 2022, 8:55 a.m.]
Notice of Semi-Annual Agenda for Rules Under Development
Pursuant to RCW 34.05.314
, the following is Western Washington University's semi-annual agenda for WAC rules under development for the term of July 1 through December 31, 2022:
1. Chapter 516-26 WAC Student records. University review of chapter 516-26 WAC, Student records, with possible amendments, including, but not limited to, WAC 516-26-040 Right to copy education records, WAC 516-26-090(2), directory information, and housekeeping changes. Preproposal CR-101 was filed December 12, 2017 (WSR 18-01-044), and CR-102 anticipated to be filed in 2022.
2. WAC 516-52-001 Smoking on campus. Amendments to WAC 516-52-001 Smoking on campus, to comply with a state initiative that prohibits smoking in public places and workplaces and to address electronic cigarettes and other smoking devices. Preproposal CR-101 was filed February 10, 2010 (WSR 10-05-049), and CR-102 anticipated to be filed in 2022.
3. WAC 516-52-010 Control of dogs and other service animals. Amendments to WAC 516-52-010 Control of dogs and other service animals, to address animals and pets on campus, as well as service animals and exceptions. Preproposal CR-101 was filed April 6, 2017 (WSR 17-09-005), and CR-102 anticipated to be filed in 2022.
4. Repeal and amendment in chapter 516-38 WAC. Repeal WAC 516-38-115, 516-38-116, 516-38-118, and 516-38-119 to remove outdated content. Amendment to WAC 516-38-117 to better reflect current processes and define discrimination. Preproposal CR-101 was filed April 13, 2022 (WSR 22-09-038), and CR-102 anticipated to be filed in 2022.
5. Proposed chapter 516-32 Small works roster. Proposed new chapter to expeditiously solicit bids with a construction cost of $350,000 or less. Preproposal CR-101 was filed May 24, 2022 (WSR 22-12-028), and CR-102 anticipated to be filed in 2022.
Additional rule-making activity not on the agenda may occur as conditions warrant. For more information concerning the semi-annual agenda, please contact Jennifer Sloan, Rules Coordinator, Western Washington University, 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225-9044, phone 360-650-3117, email Jennifer.Sloan@wwu.edu.
Jennifer L. Sloan